New owner 650L - Exhaust recommendations

23 replies to this topic
  • brianhare

Posted May 21, 2012 - 02:34 PM

I have the FMF Q and i think it is fairly loud. It was quiet as hell when i first installed it then after around 1,500mi it started to get loud so i replcaed the packing with some of the shelf brand and didn't really bring it back to what it was. So how often are you guys having to repack your your mufflers? Has anybody heard both the super trapp isd2 and the fmf q, which one would be quieter without the super trapp being choked up?

There`s the problem right there.i tried the cheap packing when i repacked my Q muffler at 15k..........the original packing was still good,,but i had it apart so i changed it......that FMF 4 stroke packing i put in last 1k and was 3/4 gone :cry:

So i called FMF and they told me there is a special packing kit for the Q series exhaust.....there is 4 or 5 parts to the kit and it lasts forever,, :cry:

B

• craftsman13

Posted May 21, 2012 - 05:43 PM

Sounds good Brian, I'll be giving FMF a call tomarrow to get the kit. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • asf

Posted May 21, 2012 - 06:32 PM

Just a suggestion, if y'all are burning through packing it may be a symptom of being too lean, worth a look checking your jetting, especially if you pt a new higher flow pipe on a bike that seems to err lean from the factory: http://www.4secondsf...ug_reading.html

• craftsman13

Posted May 21, 2012 - 06:59 PM

Just a suggestion, if y'all are burning through packing it may be a symptom of being too lean, worth a look checking your jetting, especially if you pt a new higher flow pipe on a bike that seems to err lean from the factory: http://www.4secondsf...ug_reading.html

Bike has been jetted to accomodate the mods I have.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.