Canadian Bikes

7 replies to this topic
  • omnivortex

Posted January 30, 2002 - 03:58 PM

Anyone out there have a Canadian WR 426? Did you get a green sticker when you registered it?

• fershy

Posted January 30, 2002 - 07:57 PM

I have a Canadian WR. 'cept I didn't need a gren sticker cuz I am Canadian!
fershy
sorry no help on your CA dilemna?

• PMAUST

Posted January 30, 2002 - 09:44 PM

I have a 2k WR400 Canadian. I did get the green sticker. DMV doesn't know how to deal with the forign VIN! :) The only other issue I had was that the stock pipe didn't have the US Forest Approved spark arrestor stamp. I swapped pipes. No biggie.

• Stefe9999

Posted January 31, 2002 - 09:14 AM

Hey Maust,
Mine has the same pipe as your Canadian. That pipe is so nice, only 82Db! (my lawnmower is louder!), but as you say, its not USFS approved. What pipe did you replace it with, and what affect did the new pipe have on performance?

Hope your son is doing well. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PMAUST

Posted January 31, 2002 - 07:57 PM

Stefe9999, I got the White Brothers E-series. The pipe really lets the bike rip but is way too loud. Now, I am considering the FMF Quiet core to try and get my dbs down to something reasonable and legal in California.

• Cool6t5

Posted February 01, 2002 - 12:05 PM

01 WR 426 Canadian, I got green stickered and plated (no problems at all). I also changed the pipe (spark arrester reasons) to White Bros e-series with the quiet core insert and 5 disks. It's louder then stock but not nearly as loud as others I've heard. One thing I've noticed is that the factory packing is poor. Maust, did you notice the same?

• Dan_aguirre

Posted February 01, 2002 - 04:48 PM

Originally posted by omnivortex:
Anyone out there have a Canadian WR 426? Did you get a green sticker when you registered it?

• Dan_aguirre

Posted February 01, 2002 - 04:51 PM

Originally posted by omnivortex:

Have 01 wr canadian, and GREEN sticker, currently
going to reg for street will see how that goes.
I have a stroker forest approved pipe, works great
poss little loud like all the others, but these bikes are loud anyways with other pipes. good luck.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.