Just Picked it up WR426

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 20, 2001 - 01:30 PM

Incredible.....
Jetting. I'm riding in the 1000-3000' ele. And I want to remove the Airbbox lid and baffle. Does anyone have experence eith the 426 or is it the same for 00'400 Nothing in the jetting section for 01'

Do you remove the entire airbox cover or just the boot
Throttle restrictor is it still 10mm

Thanks for the site and all the great info. Brrrrppp...!!!

• jakedog

Posted January 20, 2001 - 07:08 PM

Originally posted by Doug-Calif.:
Incredible.....
Jetting. I'm riding in the 1000-3000' ele. And I want to remove the Airbbox lid and baffle. Does anyone have experence eith the 426 or is it the same for 00'400 Nothing in the jetting section for 01'

Do you remove the entire airbox cover or just the boot

Throttle restrictor is it still 10mm

Thanks for the site and all the great info. Brrrrppp...!!!

my dealer told me to just remove the baffle
but alot of guys remove the whole lid. I cut
10mm off my throttle restrictor I was told this should give me full throttle. I left my jetting stock and the bike runs just fine. You might want to remove the exhaust baffle

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Parry_in_Clovis

Posted January 20, 2001 - 07:12 PM

Yank the whole air box restrictor so it can breath. Trim the throttle, remove the baffle (get ear plugs too) use fresh union 76 high test and go for it.
Parry in Clovis

• wayneoXCF

Posted January 21, 2001 - 07:18 PM

Take the lid off the box, and trash the cheesy baffle. That did it for me.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.