XR650L Seat Foam

4 replies to this topic
  • rdsrf

Posted April 15, 2007 - 12:27 PM

Anybody know where I can get a replacement seat foam or possibly a lowered foam for my 2004 XR650L?

• Nummie

Posted April 15, 2007 - 01:34 PM

I just got some high density foam from a local upholsterer.
I cut some dammaged foam away from the sitting area and glued some high density foam to the cut-out area using spray on contact cement. I left the replacement foam larger than necessary and then cut it down or you could say shaped it with my mother's electric carving knife (don't tell). It worked awesome and its plenty comfy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted April 15, 2007 - 01:35 PM

Anybody know where I can get a replacement seat foam or possibly a lowered foam for my 2004 XR650L?

Undo the vinyl and take an electric knife and trim it.

• rdsrf

Posted April 15, 2007 - 04:38 PM

Ummm...I actually already had a local upholstery shop lower the foam for me, but he took out a bit too much and it looks pretty odd. I need a replacement foam to try again or I'd like to purchase one already lowered about an inch and just in the rider section. Thanks for any help!

• Whiteman

Posted April 15, 2007 - 05:51 PM

http://www.gutsracing.com/

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.