Proper oil level?

6 replies to this topic
  • xr500_89

Posted April 15, 2007 - 10:49 AM

does anyone know what the proper oil level should be on the dipstick no matter what i do if i can see oil on the dip stick when i ride they oil starts to everflow once it stops overflowing then it shows like my tank is dry anyone got any suggestions? maybe thicker oil?

• XR650L_Dave

Posted April 16, 2007 - 08:10 AM

The big question is, are you checking the oil before the engine has been run, or just after?

Dave

• goblin127

Posted April 16, 2007 - 10:54 AM

Next time you change the oil and you know then that you are positive you have the exact amount of oil in there check the oil level hot ,then cold and you should then know exactly where it should be.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr500_89

Posted April 18, 2007 - 07:15 AM

i do it weird it fluctuates like ive never seen before i always check then a minute or so afterwards

• XR650L_Dave

Posted April 18, 2007 - 07:44 AM

i do it weird it fluctuates like ive never seen before i always check then a minute or so afterwards

???

OK, start over-

Check it right after running it at least 3 minutes or so.
Right after a put around the yard, say.

Check it with the bike upright, and don't thread the dipstick in.

Dave

• white line

Posted April 19, 2007 - 07:13 PM

what dave said ,plus level, a little off means alot.

• xr500_89

Posted April 20, 2007 - 07:18 AM

check check and check i never thread it in im sitting on the bike when i check it, but thats not whats bothering me why does it over flow when ANY oil shows on the dipstick where should it be at before and after i ride it

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.