White out the 05

10 replies to this topic
  • TWILES

Posted April 15, 2007 - 10:28 AM

I'm going to get all white plastic and a clear tank for the 05 450. I pretty sure I can get all white plastic for it since the 05 YZ plastic fits it. I think it will look pretty cool with the stock seat and Evo 4 graphics. I've never bought aftermarket plastic before. I know Maire(sp?) doesn't have bolt holes drilled. Whats a good place that makes plastic that has the holes drilled, preferably one in Parts Unlimited or Motorcycle Stuff?

Thanks Travis

• pkcof

Posted April 15, 2007 - 10:41 PM

i hope that you post a pic if/when you get this done - i'd like to see the '05 WHITE version !!
cheers

• TWILES

Posted April 16, 2007 - 07:43 AM

I think it will look pretty cool. Parts Unlimited shows in their 06 book online that UFO makes all the plastic pieces in white. I assume the 07 book has it all too. I'm going to Lorretta Lynn's the 29th to watch the bikes GNCC(what i can see anyway) and see what its all about. I wanted to race XC races on the 450R quad we have but I decided it was cheaper to just buy the WR.
I'm not positive that I really want to race so if I decide not to it will stay blue because I won't need the tank.

• MSHAM

Posted April 16, 2007 - 08:39 AM

white out '06
Posted Image
Posted Image

• TWILES

Posted April 16, 2007 - 09:41 AM

What brand of graphics are those?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MSHAM

Posted April 16, 2007 - 09:52 AM

Custom from SCR graphics

• Vegemite_luva

Posted April 16, 2007 - 02:36 PM

I'm going to get all white plastic and a clear tank for the 05 450. I pretty sure I can get all white plastic for it since the 05 YZ plastic fits it. I think it will look pretty cool with the stock seat and Evo 4 graphics. I've never bought aftermarket plastic before. I know Maire(sp?) doesn't have bolt holes drilled. Whats a good place that makes plastic that has the holes drilled, preferably one in Parts Unlimited or Motorcycle Stuff?

Thanks Travis

I was thinking of doing the same thing but was worried the blue frame would look out of place. I was thinking I might cover the frame rails with cut inner tube and adhesive and zip ties. Another cool thing I was thinking of doing was to cover the exposed parts of the tank with white decal sticker and leaving a horizontal window strip so I can see how much gasoline is in the tank. This way the tank blends in better and doesn't get discolored as easily as a clear tank tends to do.
since clear tanks always seem to discolor either through dirt or the color of gasoline is to put white decals on the whole tank except for a horizontal strip

• TWILES

Posted April 16, 2007 - 04:30 PM

I think the blue frame under the white would look good. I don't want to sound gay but the frame and plastic DO NOT go together. Its like the quad guys who have red plastic and get candy red a-arms. They look cool until you put the plastic back on them. I thought about your idea about the tank too. My wife said it would be stupid because the tank would turn yellow but I know a few guys who race the Mid South and GNCC races with clear tanks on their 450R quads and they aren't yellow.

• Vegemite_luva

Posted April 16, 2007 - 06:13 PM

I think the blue frame under the white would look good. I don't want to sound gay but the frame and plastic DO NOT go together. Its like the quad guys who have red plastic and get candy red a-arms. They look cool until you put the plastic back on them. I thought about your idea about the tank too. My wife said it would be stupid because the tank would turn yellow but I know a few guys who race the Mid South and GNCC races with clear tanks on their 450R quads and they aren't yellow.

I definitely didn't mean for the frame to be white too, I agree that would look bad, and certainly the blue frame under the white plastic is nice but I prefer a black or metallic gray frame(that's just my personal opinion). I was thinking the inner tubing would make the main frame look black, plus it would add some protection(kinda like the ktm rubber frame guards). As for the tank, I just don't think the white tank is going to match with the shrouds after some time. I guess I am just picky and who knows I could be totally wrong. Plus if they don't match after some time you could still put tank decals on later. I'm going to wait one more season or until I break some more plastic.

• TWILES

Posted April 16, 2007 - 06:27 PM

I thought painting the frame silver would be cool with the blue plastic but it would be cheaper to buy new plastic than it would be to get the frame powercoated.

• MSHAM

Posted April 17, 2007 - 10:01 AM

I would avoid changing the color of your frame. You will lose riding time and it's a pain and a waste. Just do the plastic. There are not to many Graphics that will fit the wr that look any good with the white. That's why I went custom. I still have a blue tank but the decals have white backgrounds. It looks fine. I have already messed up the graphics. If your going to be anal about it get two sets of graphics. IMHO

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.