Go for the real deal...

3 replies to this topic
  • BergArabia

Posted April 15, 2007 - 09:53 AM

Ocassionally I have read threads asking 'should I buy a 450? will it be too much for me etc. or should I get something smaller..

Well you might learn from my experience. My 16 year old son had joined me here in Dubai recently after living in Australia for several years. So I wanted to get him something to ride so we could go together. At first I wanted to get a new YZ450. My rational. He can learn on the 07 which feels lighter and when he gets the idea I'll put him on the 05 I have and I'll have a new bike..

No he didn't want that.. too heavy and hard to kick he says and too hard to steer. No he wants a quad..

Well I bought a second hand banshee and he was enjoying that a lot. But this weekend he got on my YZ450 and it all clicked for him. Now he is finding the banshee a bit tame and much prefers the YZ. He was jumping, lifting the front end generally having a ball. Well here we are, one of us has to ride the banshee... :thumbsup: :worthy:

Moral of the story, I should have just made him ride a real bike or do without right. But then I might have been riding on my own.

Anyways the banshee will be up for sale soon and I'll get that 07 YZ450 after all so I guess all ends well.

But for those of you sitting on the fence, you might consider: once you get your confidence up anything less than a YZ450 is going to be like Marty McBride said "like kissing your sister" just not very satisfying...

• felix 222

Posted April 15, 2007 - 11:44 AM

hahah

good luck selling the quad;)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davegod

Posted April 15, 2007 - 01:29 PM

i ride both quads and bikes.you're lucky your son took to the bike after the quad. a lot of people start their kids on 4 wheels and a auto clutch and it becomes a crutch they can't break.this doesn't mean quads are bad but a bike teaches skills you will use for the rest of your life.:thumbsup:

• ____Kurt____

Posted April 15, 2007 - 05:21 PM

good story and im glad you convinced him to ride and now he is getting a bike

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.