This can't be good.

8 replies to this topic
  • theclone

Posted April 14, 2007 - 10:05 AM

There is a small puddle of oil under my bike.

It's coming from the breather tube. I didn't over fill the oil either. I know a little bit is normal, but ever since I switched to Rotella synthetic my bike has been leaking all over the place, mainly the breather tube.

this sucks... is there anything I can do?

• Vintageguy

Posted April 14, 2007 - 10:14 AM

I have herd of seals going when switched to synthetic , after a long time of using reg oil.:thumbsup: :worthy:

• 642MX

Posted April 14, 2007 - 01:10 PM

There is a small puddle of oil under my bike.

It's coming from the breather tube. I didn't over fill the oil either. I know a little bit is normal, but ever since I switched to Rotella synthetic my bike has been leaking all over the place, mainly the breather tube.

this sucks... is there anything I can do?

I doubt the oil had anything to do with it. Excessive blow-by can be caused by a worn engine. Has it ever been rebuilt?

• theclone

Posted April 14, 2007 - 11:35 PM

I doubt the oil had anything to do with it. Excessive blow-by can be caused by a worn engine. Has it ever been rebuilt?

Yes its been rebuilt once. I don't know exactly how long ago.... I forgot to ask that when I bought it a year ago.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • theclone

Posted April 15, 2007 - 10:03 PM

anybody else have some advice?

• Racer24

Posted April 16, 2007 - 06:26 AM

there might be pressure build up....which could be caused by worn piston rings...

• Markopolo400

Posted April 16, 2007 - 08:32 AM

anybody else have some advice?

Yes.

Throw a new piston and rings in your bike.

• theclone

Posted April 16, 2007 - 04:55 PM

OK yeah it probably is the rings. :thumbsup:

I have another question though. Since day 1 my bike has been using standard dino oil. I recently started using Rotella synthetic, and oil has been leaking out from everywhere. I know what causes it, no need to explain that part to me. I was just wondering if switching back to dino oil would help? Is it bad to go back and forth?

• 642MX

Posted April 16, 2007 - 05:44 PM

OK yeah it probably is the rings. :worthy:

I have another question though. Since day 1 my bike has been using standard dino oil. I recently started using Rotella synthetic, and oil has been leaking out from everywhere. I know what causes it, no need to explain that part to me. I was just wondering if switching back to dino oil would help? Is it bad to go back and forth?

It doesn't hurt to switch back to a petro oil from a synthetic. But, switching oils won't stop a leaky seal. If the seal leaks, it needs replaced. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.