Main Jet Part numbers

5 replies to this topic
  • drop

Posted April 14, 2007 - 09:39 AM

Does anyone know for sure what the part numbers are for the #178 and #180 main jets for the XR650R? I'm a little confused by similar numbers that I've been finding.

• Bibleman

Posted April 14, 2007 - 02:30 PM

I just got back from the dealer and the parts guy said Honda does not even make jets as big as the 55/158 set-up I wanted. He's going to order them from somewhere else. It didn't sound right to me, but that's what I was told.

• drop

Posted April 14, 2007 - 02:52 PM

I see that they have Keihin main jets in those sizes at the TT store. Does anyone know if those work with the stock carb?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HawkGT

Posted April 14, 2007 - 03:09 PM

Yes. Any Keihin "hex" main jet will work--they're all the same, not carb/bike specific. Honda doesn't actually make the jets--Keihin does. Keihin main jets can be sourced from anywhere (inlcuding Honda). There's a vareity of Honda part numbers that will get you Keihin 357 Series (aka "Hex") main jets. 99101-357-xxx0 is one of them. Just replace the "xxx" with the size you're after.

If it looks like this and has a stylized "K" in front of the number, it's a genuine Keihin main jet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• drop

Posted April 14, 2007 - 03:15 PM

Thanks HawkGT. I'll just order the Keihin main jets and forget about going through Honda then. I'll go to the dealer for the 68s and 70s pilot jets.

• Bibleman

Posted April 14, 2007 - 04:53 PM

I just did a little research and if you go to motorcyclecarbs.com you will find everything you need. They charge about 6 buck per jet.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.