Need Your Opinions on 2nd Bike

4 replies to this topic
  • Mike_L

Posted January 30, 2002 - 02:07 PM

I want to purchase 2 bikes for trail riding. One is a new WR for me and the other will be a used bike for friends to ride. My question; what are your recomendations for the 2nd bike? I want to spend around $ 2,500 (used). It doesn't have to be a rocket. I would like to have something durable. 4 stroke? Help!

• YZ400Court

Posted January 30, 2002 - 02:18 PM

I'd say XR 400. Bulletproof, easy to ride, easy to maintain, and inexpensive.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guy

Posted January 30, 2002 - 10:58 PM

:) I'd second that opinion, I just talked my Brother inlaw into a XR (first dirt bike) and it's just right for him, but will still trval quite fast in the right hands :D :D

• Bill

Posted January 31, 2002 - 07:59 AM

The XR is an awesome and easy to maintain, little trail bike. If you want a little more snap, the KDX is also a great little trailster.

Bill

• MOmilkman

Posted January 31, 2002 - 10:37 PM

You should be able to get a 96 (first year?) for under 2 grand.Posted Image

How come I dont have freinds like you?

Bill definatly hit it head on though.
XR if you prefer 4-strokes. KDX if you prefer 2 strokes.
I'd go for the XR though. You can have fun riding it in case you bike breaks. :)

[ January 31, 2002: Message edited by: MOmilkman ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.