Please help?! What other bike brand Rims/Hubs will fit '02WR426

2 replies to this topic
  • 89TRX350RX

Posted April 14, 2007 - 05:55 AM

I just went through all of the posts in this forum as well as the Motard forum and could not find the info that I need. It is kinda hard to use the search function to find it because it is such a broad (:worthy: I just said Broad) question, soooo...

I have a street legal WR426 and love riding it on the street, but hate riding single track on WORN DOT tires . I borrowed a set of Motard tires from my buddy for a couple of weeks last fall (No he won't sell them :thumbsup: ) and now I HAVE to get a set for my own, but I need to know if there are rims from other brands (KTM, Suzuki, etc) that will fit with minimal work (spacers or changing brgs etc). If someone has any experience in using other brands, and could chime in, That would be cool...

Thanks in advance,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snowman02

Posted April 15, 2007 - 02:34 PM

TRX, I just recently changed out my old rim, because i bent the front up pretty good, so i went with the Excel in Blue, with the spoke kits, and used my stock hubs, i did all the lacing myself. I would have replaced the hubs, but just a little to pricie for me right now, so hubs will be next year. Hear is a semi pic of my rear rim, and a full pic of bike.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• damannhw

Posted April 16, 2007 - 09:42 AM

I have an extra '02 YZF250 front rim (stock) in good shape if that will work on your bike ? Just LMK, David

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.