Hot Cams Stage 1 in XR600?

2 replies to this topic
  • pd10913

Posted April 14, 2007 - 01:33 AM

If I were to put a HC Stage 1 in my 98 XR600 is it going to cause me more headaches, maintenance and overall shorten engine life?

Will it offer that much added power and does this mod need to be carried out with other work?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • focallength

Posted April 14, 2007 - 11:03 AM

you will gain a little in mid and high range, yes it will affect engine life.

• Kawabuggy

Posted April 14, 2007 - 03:09 PM

I have recently installed one in my '93 XR600R.. About the biggest thing I have noticed is that the bike raps out faster. If you are used to riding with a stock cam, be prepared to re-learn your shift points, and time between shifts. My personal bike RPM's much quicker than before and I have to really focus on shifting sooner than I used to.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.