yz426 suspension bottoming out?

6 replies to this topic
  • klx300rider

Posted April 13, 2007 - 09:02 PM

I have an 02 426 and it seems like the landing is way too hard, even off medium sized jumps. I only weight 150! Any advice?

• Ga426owner

Posted April 14, 2007 - 01:50 PM

loosen or lessin your compression dampning....a lot .........first, if no good
service forks and shock with new fluids and possible less rate springs for your weight...it is stiff probably and not bottoming....:thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted April 14, 2007 - 01:53 PM

Send it off for a revalve and springs. Its amazing what a good suspension tuner can do for the 426.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • buzzgrizz

Posted April 14, 2007 - 02:24 PM

It is probabaly way too stiff, loosen it up.

• klx300rider

Posted April 15, 2007 - 08:16 PM

Sorry for the misunderstanding...I meant the suspension is too soft, causing the hard landing!

• TL426

Posted April 16, 2007 - 06:13 AM

Send it off for a revalve and springs. Its amazing what a good suspension tuner can do for the 426.

about how much does that cost? im thinking mine needs to be done also...

• 642MX

Posted April 16, 2007 - 07:02 AM

about how much does that cost? im thinking mine needs to be done also...

This guy did mine. http://www.smartsuspension.com I forgot the total cost, I had him revalve the front and rear with new seals and everything. I already had the correct springs, so I didn't have to buy those. Give him a call, I'm sure he can tell you what it will cost.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.