Which oil to run

3 replies to this topic
  • MkJar

Posted January 30, 2002 - 08:23 AM

I've been using the Honda HP oil for about 8 months now and have grown tired of spending 8.25 per quart. I've read where alot of you guys are using Mobile 1 15w50 and are satisified with the product. I currently ride the bike 100 miles a week (to school) and try to get out 3 to 4 times a month on the trails. I change the oil every month and clean the filter every other change. How does the Mobile 1 hold up? Is it the same product that you purchase at Checker or Autozone? Thanks for the help. Mike
99WR,WR timing, most of the free mods, protapers, contemplating the BK or KL mod, Kouba T handle, ( thanks Kevin)

• Ga426owner

Posted January 30, 2002 - 09:49 AM

For all the info you could ever want on the fabled "OIL" subject., please do a search in the archives.........this subject has been beat to death. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamracing

Posted January 30, 2002 - 10:16 PM

For a inexpensive Semi-synthetic, I use Castrol Syntec-blend in the 10w-50 weight. At around $2.50 a quart, it's been very good to me.

• streamdream

Posted January 30, 2002 - 10:07 PM

I don't know that I would spend the money on Amzoil, but I've heard some folks say they like it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.