stator mod done, how many ac volts?

2 replies to this topic
  • ZEHR

Posted April 13, 2007 - 06:07 PM

I've done the stator mod that BD explains on thier web site, I would like to know if anyone has checked the AC voltage they get from the Yellow to the White wire BEFORE it goes into the reg/rec. My reading is a 28-31 volts AC is this normal, please help. I've checked all over the forum and can't find a good answer, thanks again!!

I have a 04 WR 450f sm thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikey m

Posted May 06, 2007 - 04:00 PM

iwas told by bd my 01 426 should be 30- 50 vac at high rpm .at lest you have voltage mine dont

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted May 06, 2007 - 06:43 PM

iwas told by bd my 01 426 should be 30- 50 vac at high rpm .at lest you have voltage mine dont

That is probably "open circuit voltage" and it will be higher. The lighting coil cant take a heavy load and when the light is installed, it "pulls" the AC votage down to a reasonable level and is why it didnt need regulating. But if you are upping the system power (amps), it needs to be regulated or the light will burn out quickly.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.