07 WR 450 scotts stabilizer installation

29 replies to this topic
  • suzukipoo

Posted January 14, 2008 - 02:07 AM

Here is my 07 setup it bolts just to the frame no grinding needed, it only took me 20 min to do!! Love the damper.

Posted Image

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 14, 2008 - 08:40 AM

I definitely had some "nubs" - casting marks that I had to file down. It took me quite a while to get that post / clamp around the frame, I wanted it perfect. It's nice that it's bolted thru with the front gas tank mount.

• Racegun

Posted January 15, 2008 - 12:35 AM

will that set up in the picture work/fit with an ims 3.1 tank ?.
And can i puchase the clamps separate first to lift my bars while i save up for the stabiliser?

• tweav

Posted January 15, 2008 - 04:46 AM

Here's mine with an ims tank.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• Racegun

Posted January 15, 2008 - 09:43 PM

Thanks tweav

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted January 15, 2008 - 09:55 PM

will that set up in the picture work/fit with an ims 3.1 tank ?.
And can i puchase the clamps separate first to lift my bars while i save up for the stabiliser?

Yes, like tweav said

AND

Yes, atleast thru BRP you can. I don't know if Scotts sells the riser kit separate or not but they are the exact same kit... I think I even heard once that BRP manufactures the risers for Scotts to sell in their kits.

• FastRides

Posted January 20, 2008 - 02:11 PM

Mine was a drop-in/bolt-on affair. If I remember correctly, the bolts were already set into the lower bar clamp mount and dropped right into the upper triple clamp holes.

Got it sorted. Spoke to Mike at BRP. 06 have an 12mm bolt and 07's have an 11mm bolt. Yamaha changed the bloody things. Any way, I wish more people stood behind there product like Mike does. Very helpful and has got me sorted.
Top effort:thumbsup:

Good news - got the correct tower mount from my local shop and installed it with no issues and am happy with the "perfect washer" to make it fit. Bad news - when I went to install the lower bar clamp (SUB mount), I noted what appear to be the dreaded 12mm bolts that go up into the lower bar clamp (i.e. they don't fit) like fitzy wrote about. :cool: The BRP packaging didn't have a year on it, so I defer again to you out there who've already been down this road. Please confirm that the SUB mount should have bolts set in the lower bar clamp that drop into the OEM triple clamp with a nut to tighten up (similar to OEM set up). Then I can go back to my shop and tell them exactly what it should look like.
Thanks, fellas.

• SXP

Posted January 20, 2008 - 02:51 PM

Please confirm that the SUB mount should have bolts set in the lower bar clamp that drop into the OEM triple clamp with a nut to tighten up (similar to OEM set up).

Confirm that. See below for the nut securing the bolt coming out of the lower bar clamp. You don't see the damper 'cause it's on my other bike.
Man! I've become a picture whore!
Posted Image

• FastRides

Posted January 20, 2008 - 03:03 PM

Thanks, SXP - maybe there's a future in photography for you?!
I'll log on to TT in their shop to get it sorted out.

• fitzy

Posted January 21, 2008 - 03:11 AM

Good news - got the correct tower mount from my local shop and installed it with no issues and am happy with the "perfect washer" to make it fit. Bad news - when I went to install the lower bar clamp (SUB mount), I noted what appear to be the dreaded 12mm bolts that go up into the lower bar clamp (i.e. they don't fit) like fitzy wrote about. :cool: The BRP packaging didn't have a year on it, so I defer again to you out there who've already been down this road. Please confirm that the SUB mount should have bolts set in the lower bar clamp that drop into the OEM triple clamp with a nut to tighten up (similar to OEM set up). Then I can go back to my shop and tell them exactly what it should look like.
Thanks, fellas.

Give BRP a call or email and they will sort it for you. They did for me and were very helpful. Yes the 07's need smaller bolts.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.