ttr 230 oil change

3 replies to this topic
  • lump_carpet

Posted April 13, 2007 - 09:55 AM

Hey guys im pretty new to doing my own maintenance on bikes and just wanted someone to clarify something with an oil change. I have seen an oil change on a Kawasaki MX bike before and its just a small bolt that needs to be removed to drain it, but when checking with the ttr 230 it looks like they want me to remove part 9 in this figure http://www.imagessit...05TTR230T06.gif this part is alot bigger then what im used to and don't want to remove anything that would screw things up. So any help on the matter would be appreciated. Also what type of oil should i use? I was just going to buy some synthetic v-twin oil, Thanks in advance.

• GlennF

Posted April 13, 2007 - 10:11 AM

#9 is the drain plug. If you are changing the filter, #12 must be removed also. Any motorcycle specific oil is OK.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bullett500

Posted April 13, 2007 - 05:59 PM

part 9 is the drain plug to drain the oil

• lump_carpet

Posted April 13, 2007 - 08:06 PM

Thx guys, changed the oil and bike works great :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.