loudest pipe youve ever heard

43 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted April 13, 2007 - 09:35 PM

We had one on a 250F ( the one that ran into you, Dave) and it was unbelievable. Had to get rid of it.

• wswain

Posted April 13, 2007 - 11:58 PM

when you say the white bros r4 can you tell me what one it is
because theres like four and none of them are called r4

http://www.whitebrot...007/_Mx/exhaust

thanks will

• WFOracer

Posted April 14, 2007 - 06:39 AM

Loudest I have ever heard was at the Unadila national a couple years ago a guy on a 450 had his silencer fall off, so he just had the header on. That thing was loud! Other than that, I used to have a pro circuit Ti-4, that thing was loud. When the AMA made the 102 Db. limit they had to make a quiet endcap for those pipes because they weren't even close to 102 Db.

2006 Millville, Reed's header fell off less than halfway through the first moto - it sounded like a stock car!

The engine performance deteriorated thoughout the moto, but he still finished in the top 5!

• dwnlowx

Posted April 14, 2007 - 10:10 AM

i think that the lodest pipe i have heard is a m4 pipe it was on a 450

• KJ790

Posted April 14, 2007 - 10:31 AM

2006 Millville, Reed's header fell off less than halfway through the first moto - it sounded like a stock car!

The engine performance deteriorated thoughout the moto, but he still finished in the top 5!

Yeah, I remember that, I saw it on TV. I bet it was loud, but you can't tell on TV. But when I heard one without a silencer in person at Unadilla, that thing was unbelievably loud!

• blue9red9

Posted April 14, 2007 - 03:29 PM

my 03 had a Pro-tec full exhaust on it. It was rated in a magazine exhaust shootout. I copied from it below. They measured it at 105. My bike was loud is all I know. I only rode it at my house though. Here's an excerpt from the shoot out article...

Pro Tec Mach 1

Material: Stainless mid-pipe and end-cap with aluminum canister Style: Complete system Price: $449.95 Decibels: 105 Fit: A Weight: 7 lb 3 oz Spark Arrestor: Yes Overall Rating: C Comments: The Pro Tec lost some brownie points because the exhaust note is quite loud to the ear and the bike tended to backfire and pop during deceleration. Pro Tec does include a spark arrestor and an adjustable quiet block-off plate, but as a race pipe it can ring some ears.

• yz_for_me

Posted April 14, 2007 - 03:41 PM

White Bros. R4.

Yep. I had one on my 426. Sucker was LOUD.

• XR250_RIDER_14

Posted April 14, 2007 - 05:15 PM

I have a thunder alley. Its pretty loud. It has a good sound too. Adds a lot of low end. I recommend getting it coated thol,

• Mutant

Posted April 14, 2007 - 05:32 PM

I have the Pro Circuit T-4 on my YZ426F and that thing is probably the loudest I've heard. I think my bike is about the loudest anywhere I take it out. The only thing that I have found to rival it is my buddies KX500. Most people have told me that they hear my bike over their own when I am behind them. I don't know what that means for how loud the Db is but it has got to be up there.

• C333

Posted April 14, 2007 - 05:40 PM

Why do you want a loud pipe? So we can further the bad reputation of the motorcycle riding public and loose more riding areas? In this day and age, I would think you would be asking what's the quietest pipe out there.

Thanks mom, you're the best.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • felix 222

Posted April 14, 2007 - 06:04 PM

the e2 isn't too loud

i have my e1 with, i believe, 7 splates w/quiet core. it's about 97ish...not loud

• Polar_Bus

Posted April 15, 2007 - 03:03 AM

hey i am going to get a 450 and my mate a 450 or 525 and we want to know what is the loudest pipe youve heard is and at what decibel???
my friend said the staintune which without the restrictor is around 100db is the loudest hes heard.
ive heard the white bros e2 is the loudest but i thought it was mid 90's.
so if anyone has a suggested pipe and db i would like to hear it..
(4 stroke pipes only)

thanks will

Any YZ/WR400 with a White Brothers older "E" type silencer with the optional "snuff or not" end cap. When I say loud.... I mean EAR SPLITTING LOUD!!!!!

• yz_for_me

Posted April 15, 2007 - 06:11 AM

when you say the white bros r4 can you tell me what one it is
because theres like four and none of them are called r4

http://www.whitebrot...007/_Mx/exhaust

thanks will

It's a model they don't make any more.

• gem

Posted April 15, 2007 - 07:19 AM

When I read my 07xcw manual a lot of the typos/phrasing gets me laughing, here is one that is funny and something to keep in mind to save our sport- "other people may feel molested by eccessive noise". I did not think this post was encouraging loud pipes, more of a "wow that was some crazy- a$$ loud pipe, good thing we know better now"

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted April 15, 2007 - 07:55 AM

Any YZ/WR400 with a White Brothers older "E" type silencer with the optional "snuff or not" end cap. When I say loud.... I mean EAR SPLITTING LOUD!!!!!

Ditto -I was running a shorty WB E-series on a 426 for a while with - Open end cap and you are at about 106-107db. Definately EAR SPLITTING LOUD!!!

• 642MX

Posted April 15, 2007 - 09:04 AM

^^^ I can testify to this. That thing was painful on the ears.

• slammmin72

Posted April 15, 2007 - 05:27 PM

my 02 426 with the WB E-series with 12 plates plus the end spark arestor plate, and it tested at 106 dB. ITS LOUD!, so loud that it acutally echos in the helmet a bit, and u have to take breaks everynow and then cause it will give u a headache......i run my Qpipe now, but will eventually get the new WB E2.

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted April 16, 2007 - 06:28 AM

the e2 isn't too loud

i have my e1 with, i believe, 7 splates w/quiet core. it's about 97ish...not loud

7 plates with quiet core? I can't fit mine behind 8 plates...what core are you using?

• mx369

Posted April 16, 2007 - 07:08 AM

Any bike with the "FLOW" brand. It was built by Noleen I think. Saw(heard) one Sunday on a yz 250F and it rattled my brains.

• BRP-rider

Posted April 16, 2007 - 12:47 PM

FMF Titanium 4. I have one on my 426 and my buddy has one his XR650R and it sounds like huge helicopter.:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.