loudest pipe youve ever heard

43 replies to this topic
  • wswain

Posted April 13, 2007 - 04:18 AM

hey i am going to get a 450 and my mate a 450 or 525 and we want to know what is the loudest pipe youve heard is and at what decibel???
my friend said the staintune which without the restrictor is around 100db is the loudest hes heard.
ive heard the white bros e2 is the loudest but i thought it was mid 90's.
so if anyone has a suggested pipe and db i would like to hear it..
(4 stroke pipes only)

thanks will

• jayh300

Posted April 13, 2007 - 04:53 AM

my old "e" with 8 plates was 98db at idle and would blink 100 with any throttle...
too loud !!!!!!!!!!! my ears would ring for days.

• huffster

Posted April 13, 2007 - 05:43 AM

D&D exhaust made slip-ons for a couple of years....They would make your eardrums crackle they were so loud.....However, I think you have it wrong on the WB E2, that's what I'm running and it is NOT a loud pipe !

• KJ790

Posted April 13, 2007 - 05:46 AM

Loudest I have ever heard was at the Unadila national a couple years ago a guy on a 450 had his silencer fall off, so he just had the header on. That thing was loud! Other than that, I used to have a pro circuit Ti-4, that thing was loud. When the AMA made the 102 Db. limit they had to make a quiet endcap for those pipes because they weren't even close to 102 Db.

• blasterkid52

Posted April 13, 2007 - 05:47 AM

my 110 had a verry loud pipe, two bros racing. it had no packing in it, and that must have been a part of it. but ive herd a cp custom piped shee, and that thing was crazy loud

• gem

Posted April 13, 2007 - 06:00 AM

When I bought my 426 it had a muzzy on it that would echo through out the state(CT, small state). I replaced it with a Q immediatly. Still have the muzzy, any supermoto guys interested?

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted April 13, 2007 - 06:25 AM

my old "e" with 8 plates was 98db at idle and would blink 100 with any throttle...
too loud !!!!!!!!!!! my ears would ring for days.

yip, thats what I'm running on my 426...when i bought it the guy was running it WIDE OPEN, no end plate....straight shot out the exhaust....i'm now running 8 plates and if i run more i shove in the quiet core in...but still friggen loud.:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted April 13, 2007 - 07:44 AM

White Bros. R4.

• SoundChaser

Posted April 13, 2007 - 11:30 AM

Will - By far the loudest pipe that I have ever heard was the Thunder Alley pipe. Back in the day these were all the rage for YZF, but with people moving more in the direct of trying to limit the sound, I think these have fallen off the radar screen. With the price to performance ratio very high, I think they would be a good choice. Being in `Stralia though, shipping might be a pain in the rear, but I don't know fer sure. Do a search here and Im sure it will come up.

http://www.thunder-alley.net/

• cardoc

Posted April 13, 2007 - 11:51 AM

Why do you want a loud pipe? So we can further the bad reputation of the motorcycle riding public and loose more riding areas? In this day and age, I would think you would be asking what's the quietest pipe out there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • whoops dude

Posted April 13, 2007 - 11:54 AM

my uncles white brothers e pipe. that thing was ear splitting.

• robsgt

Posted April 13, 2007 - 03:16 PM

The loudest pipe I heard was a m4, but that was on a honda crf450.

• jef

Posted April 13, 2007 - 04:09 PM

Second that Cardoc!!!!

• wswain

Posted April 13, 2007 - 04:10 PM

thanks guys fro not turning this into a post about y do i need the loudest pipe.

cardoc Why do you want a loud pipe? So we can further the bad reputation of the motorcycle riding public and loose more riding areas? In this day and age, I would think you would be asking what's the quietest pipe out there.

i wanted to know if anyones was louder than the staintune and no im not wrecking everyones fun i ride on my own property and how loud it is is not a problem here in australia. not like over where most of you come from but here ive never seen a riding area get banned except if ur bikes unregistered other than that its not the sound problem just insurance and that crap

thanks again will

• buzzgrizz

Posted April 13, 2007 - 04:27 PM

White Bros. too loud!!!

• grayracer513

Posted April 13, 2007 - 04:42 PM

thanks guys fro not turning this into a post about y do i need the loudest pipe.

What is the advantage of a loud exhaust, pray tell?

• GixRider

Posted April 13, 2007 - 04:47 PM

White Bros. R4.

+1

Had one of those from the previous owner of my 426. Way too loud for me.

Its now been replaced by a DR.D and even that is a bit loud without the quiet core insert.

• StPeters21

Posted April 13, 2007 - 05:38 PM

I have the alum pro WB. Very loud. I just ordered the 38mm insert (I can't wait). Has anyone else used the insert??? What should I expect with the change??? (hopefully none, except quieter)

• Bigcr

Posted April 13, 2007 - 07:56 PM

I'll second the Thunder Alley.....I had one on my '03 Honda 450 and it was an ear splitter.

• David37

Posted April 13, 2007 - 08:14 PM

Definately the WB R4 has to be one of the loudest pipes made, it tested 102 db even after being repacked!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.