Question about DB Dawg...

4 replies to this topic
  • creeker

Posted April 13, 2007 - 04:08 AM

I have been the owner of a 01' WR426 since 01 and I just recently got an 00' YZ426. As soon as I got the 00' I checked the valves and all was in spec. The bike seemed to run good and there was no sign of smoking or anything.

Easter weekend I installed the DB Dawg I had in my WR and noticed the other night that when I started the bike up in the garage the garage was filled with smoke and I had a strong fume odor all over my clothes. I removed the DB Dawg and it was covered with black soot.

Could this insert of caused something to go wrong due to the added back pressure or what?

• Jeremiah

Posted April 19, 2007 - 06:44 AM

The insert shouldn't have anything to do with the smoke and black soot. It's likely that your valve seats leak based on the age of the bike. I have a 2000 YZ426 too and I've got the same issue. If the bike sits for a while then it smokes when I start it up as oil has leaked past the seals and into the chamber. The oil burns off quickly and after 30 seconds of running the smoke is gone and does not return.

I read your post because I wanted to know about the db DAWG. A track being built near my place is gonig to have AMA sound restrictions and my Dr.D exhause certainly won't pass right now. In fact, I doubt anything will help it to pass, but I'm curious to know how much the db DAWG helped reduce your sound level.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • creeker

Posted April 19, 2007 - 07:13 AM

Check out this thread... I posted a sound comparison with my 426f
http://www.thumperta...ghlight=DB Dawg

• creeker

Posted April 19, 2007 - 07:14 AM

By the way... I have since removed the DB Dawg and haven't been using it for the last couple of weeks and no more smoke... So go figure

• 642MX

Posted April 19, 2007 - 10:46 AM

My db Dawg is supposed to be delivered this Friday. I'm going riding Sunday, I hope it works......

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.