How can you make an 06 450f more snappier?

17 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted April 12, 2007 - 04:53 PM

I was wondering on my 06 450f what could I do to make it more snappy! I have a DRD full exaust on it but I want it to be more quiker on take off when your at a dead start. I also would like it to accelerate more quiker when you slow down for a turn and then wring it. Is there anything I could do to make it zip!:thumbsup: ...... I want it to be like> when you twist the throttle real fast....... if you aint holding on it will come out from under you.:worthy:

• YFZ450_725

Posted April 12, 2007 - 04:55 PM

go up 1 or 2 teeth on the rear sprocket.

...or trade it in for a CR 500

• Ranger18

Posted April 12, 2007 - 05:03 PM

I know this isn't english class, but dude... more quicker

Two more teeth on the rear sprocket
hot cams stage 1
ap mod or zipty carb mod
a little more sag might allow the rear tire to hook up better.
lower air pressure will have the same effect.
make sure your air fuel screw is adjusted properly.

I only have an MRD system and proper jetting, and my bike wants to throw me.

• ThompsonV311

Posted April 12, 2007 - 05:04 PM

Four words..... Zip Ty carb mod!

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 12, 2007 - 05:35 PM

Please dont forget "more snappier":busted:

• 133_Bradley

Posted April 12, 2007 - 05:40 PM

Sell off that '06 and buy an '04 with a 13.5:1 JE piston and a yoshi exhaust and you'll be buying some new underware

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 12, 2007 - 07:41 PM

I like that one^^^^^^^^!

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 12, 2007 - 07:45 PM

Two more teeth on the rear sprocket
hot cams stage 1
ap mod or zipty carb mod
a little more sag might allow the rear tire to hook up better.
lower air pressure will have the same effect.
make sure your air fuel screw is adjusted properly.

I only have an MRD system and proper jetting, and my bike wants to throw me.

I have a 51 rear sprocket on and that did help some but I was wondering ranger 18 if you have done the red beard ap wiring mod?

• MXer241

Posted April 13, 2007 - 04:20 AM

I'd say carb mod but it does not have to be zip ty. You can get a white bro kit for about 100.00. I have one and it makes for a crisper throttle and no popping.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted April 13, 2007 - 04:58 AM

The Zipty did this exactly....quicker off launch as well as corner entrance/exit....nice 1.5hp increase that you can feel:thumbsup:

• Ranger18

Posted April 13, 2007 - 06:46 AM

I have a 51 rear sprocket on and that did help some but I was wondering ranger 18 if you have done the red beard ap wiring mod?

No I haven't. I was thinking about doing the AP mod, then after hearing about the zipty mod I was thinking about doing that, but then I realized that I didn't need either mod. My bike has great throttle response, and zero bog, with just the slightest of popping on decel. Basically I think my bike is perfect, although when I get a new chain and sprocket kit I might go with the 50 tooth rather than the 49. Also, don't get me wrong, I would still like to do the zipty mod eventually, but it's more for the power(that I don't need) and just to say that I have it.

I'd say carb mod but it does not have to be zip ty. You can get a white bro kit for about 100.00. I have one and it makes for a crisper throttle and no popping.

If you have no popping at all, then you are a littel too rich, and you should turn your fuel screw in a little. This will improve the bikes performance. Any performance carb tunner will tell you that the power is made on the leaner side of pefect jetting.

• Yamahafan

Posted April 13, 2007 - 08:28 AM

If you have no popping at all, then you are a little too rich, and you should turn your fuel screw in a little. This will improve the bikes performance. Any performance carb tunner will tell you that the power is made on the leaner side of perfect jetting.

Ditto.

• kawirider

Posted April 13, 2007 - 10:24 AM

Get this 502 big bore and stroker kit
http://www.faliconcr...com/stroker.htm

if thats not enough you will never be satisfied.

• moto867

Posted April 13, 2007 - 04:05 PM

I have done the red beard ap mod on my kawi 450 and it works awesome. I was skeptical, but i tried it and it works. You have to go way up on your leak jet but its no big deal. I have an 80 in there now, thinking of trying a 90 just to see. I am not sure what the yami has in it stock but you will want to go up a bunch. It's free and worth a try. If you don't like it you just un wire it and buy a new diaphragm and your back.

• buzzgrizz

Posted April 13, 2007 - 04:37 PM

Put a Boyesen quick shot on it.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 13, 2007 - 08:44 PM

The Zipty did this exactly....quicker off launch as well as corner entrance/exit....nice 1.5hp increase that you can feel:thumbsup:

How can i get in touch with zipty to get them to do my carb?

• cowboyona426

Posted April 13, 2007 - 08:57 PM

Zip-Ty carb mod

• MXer241

Posted April 16, 2007 - 01:09 PM

My bad, I shouldn't have said no popping. Reduced popping would be a better description.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.