650L throttle cable ?

5 replies to this topic
  • GIANTac1

Posted April 12, 2007 - 04:51 PM

I have replaced my stock bars with Pro Taper CR high bend bars....2 yrs. ago.Worked great then....but! My grips needed replacing, so after the work my throttle tube wont return and sticks at "cruise control." Glue is not between the bars and tube. I fooled with the linkage on the carb and it worked for ten minutes. Whats the trick? By the way its a 650L! Helpful replys only you "R" experts and Baja wanna's!:thumbsup:

• jetfuel

Posted April 12, 2007 - 05:12 PM

Did you remove the throttle assy.? and inspect the cables .after 2 years of riding you should...or did you just cut off the old grip and slide on a new one??? ..do you run hand guards that mount in the bar ends?... I would disconnect and actuate each cable individually to see if either had resistance and look for frays ..then check for proper routing...and also inspect the carb pulley for a possible malfunctioning return spring ...hope this helps a little.

• chickenheart

Posted April 23, 2007 - 07:14 PM

lube your cables butt-head. btw you never call any more :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TrailRiderXRL

Posted April 24, 2007 - 03:58 AM

I had a similar problem. Loosen the nut adjusters and reset them, that should work!

• goblin127

Posted April 24, 2007 - 04:29 AM

Do you have the throttle tube pushed on to far?

• Mogdorr

Posted April 24, 2007 - 07:16 AM

a second on loosening the cables at the carb. If both are too tight the cable binds up were the cable curves.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.