Read this if you need a Stainless Oil Filter, 30% discount!

9 replies to this topic
  • 99yz400

Posted April 12, 2007 - 04:28 PM

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that if you need a Reay Racing Stainless steel oil filter, you could get a 30% discount. I wrote an email to the customer service, on Ready Racing website. They offered me a 30% discount (applicable on every product) since ThumperTalk Store was selling the same filter for less.

On TTstore, it's selling at $54. On ReadyRacing website, you could get it for $42. that's a pretty good deal, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Brian

• WB450

Posted April 12, 2007 - 04:47 PM

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that if you need a Reay Racing Stainless steel oil filter, you could get a 30% discount. I wrote an email to the customer service, on Ready Racing website. They offered me a 30% discount (applicable on every product) since ThumperTalk Store was selling the same filter for less.

On TTstore, it's selling at $54. On ReadyRacing website, you could get it for $42. that's a pretty good deal, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Brian

Why shit on TT?

• 99yz400

Posted April 12, 2007 - 04:54 PM

Why shit on TT?

I'm not shitting on TT, I thought that by sharing this info with you, some people could save some bucks... that's it.

• 642MX

Posted April 12, 2007 - 06:38 PM

Brian

TT has a 110% price guarantee, so all you have to do is tell them and they will beat the price......right?

• grayracer513

Posted April 12, 2007 - 07:03 PM

The guarantee:

http://shop.thumpert...er.asp?ID=21#21

IMO, the RR filter is a poor choice in SS oil filters, and their cover is a joke.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ebs

Posted April 13, 2007 - 05:06 AM

What's the recommended SS filter? Scotts?

• bigbluerider4life

Posted April 13, 2007 - 06:21 AM

the ready racing is just as good and a whole lot cheaper...mine has worked wonderfully and it shows good quality and build characteristics

• grayracer513

Posted April 13, 2007 - 08:26 AM

That's what I recommend and use, yes.

the ready racing is just as good and a whole lot cheaper...mine has worked wonderfully and it shows good quality and build characteristics

That's what they say, alright, but not everyone has had a very good real life experience with them. A couple of them that I know of have had the end plates separate from the mesh. The cover they sell with it has smaller oil passages than the stock cover, from what I'm told, and lacks the stub in the center that prevents people from installing the element backward. The one I looked at did not appear to have a double folded welded seam in the media that Scotts has. And when the only technical info you can get from somebody is that their product is "just as good as" product A, product A is usually a better choice.

• bigbluerider4life

Posted April 13, 2007 - 10:02 AM

i kept my stock cover...cant say much there

but my filter has held up great for all 20 hours on my bike,seams all secured and tight/ no problems

• grayracer513

Posted April 13, 2007 - 10:15 AM

..my filter has held up great for all 20 hours on my bike,seams all secured and tight/ no problems

The Scotts in my '03 is roughly 4 years old.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.