Is the HRC Needle seat different from stock?

5 replies to this topic
  • drop

Posted April 12, 2007 - 03:34 PM

I see Baja Designs offers the B53E needle (part 151009) but it doesn't come with a needle seat. Is the stock seat the same part?

• Billahjack

Posted April 12, 2007 - 05:05 PM

You should get a needle, an E-clip, and a needle jet when you order this kit. It was $35 at my local Honda shop. You need the Needle Jet with the correct Needle if you swap them out.

• HawkGT

Posted April 12, 2007 - 06:29 PM

I looked into the needle jets before and came to the conclusion that they are identical for both the B53E and B53D jet needles. I came short of actually mic'ing the two needle jets but was satisfied that they are the same.

But as Billahjack said, the jet needle should come with a new needle jet. At least when you buy it straight from Honda it comes with one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Billahjack

Posted April 12, 2007 - 06:37 PM

The tapers are supposed to be a little different on the needles for a different fuel mixture relative to throttle position (fuel curve?). I have not measured the jets either, but the Honda dealer told me not to mix them up.

• HawkGT

Posted April 12, 2007 - 06:54 PM

Just so I'm not making things confusing by using the terms "needle jet" and "jet needle"....(hell, that nearly confuses me and I'm typing it, lol).... :thumbsup:

Yes, the needles themselves are different. However, I do not think the jet the needle slides into is different. When you order a new needle (be it stock or the HRC) the jet needle comes with a new needle jet (damn terms with their nearly identicalness!) but I believe the needle jet (needle seat) is the same piece.

The reason I wanted to know about that was because I wanted to know if I needed to switch the needle jet everytime I switched the needle. I decided I did not need to do that.

• jbird710

Posted April 12, 2007 - 06:55 PM

Also, the seat doesn't have to be pressed out like some carbs. Once you remove the jet holder, the seat will fall out - it's simple to replace.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.