Oil Leak... Help please

4 replies to this topic
  • MerlinUK

Posted April 12, 2007 - 11:24 AM

I have just re-fitted my engine to my o3' WR 450 after having a Wiseco piston and the YZ cam Fitted. The bike started on about the 4th kick, but i noticed oil coming from the left hand side oil pipe that attatches to the bottom of teh engine..

I removed the pipe and the little collet with the o-ring, and re-fitted them, but its still leaking oil.. Anyone have any ideas? Am i missing an o-ring maybe? (theres 1 over the collet).

Any help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

• MerlinUK

Posted April 12, 2007 - 12:32 PM

Do you guys reackon i need to replace the o-ring seal? it didnt appear to be broken?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • farkawi

Posted April 12, 2007 - 06:39 PM

I'd replace the o-ring and make sure both of the mating surfaces are flat. Also make sure that there are no gouges where the sleeve (collet) mates with the case.

• charliep

Posted April 13, 2007 - 03:16 PM

The end of the pipe is soft aluminum. If you over torqued it, you can squeeze it and it will not be square. It will pull the part of the pipe, where the collet and o ring sit, away from the engine case.

You'll know when you look at it. I'll bet the bolt is bent also.

charlie

• MerlinUK

Posted April 14, 2007 - 12:05 AM

Yip i think thats exactly what i have done, the bolt was slightly bent, and its oozing out oil even with a new o-ring.. Looking at it, it does not look square..

Any easy way of fixing this? I thought i may have damaged the treads also, but i think there ok..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.