FMF Q2 questions

4 replies to this topic
  • drtbk4ever

Posted April 12, 2007 - 08:48 AM

Hey Guys,

I have been struggling with the noise/more power issue for quite some time and I now have a line on a barely used FMF Q2 for my 2004 WR450.:thumbsup:

My question is regarding noise. Of course the FMF pipe will be louder than my stock corked up exhaust, but will it be significantly louder?

I did try the stock exhaust uncorked but found it to be obnoxiously loud.

Would the FMF be anywhere near as loud as an uncorked stock exhaust?

Where would a YZ exhaust system be relative to noise?

Cheers.

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 12, 2007 - 10:59 AM

It will be louder than the corked up stocker but not nearly as loud as the YZ. I have one on my '03 and get comments all the time about how quiet it is for an aftermarket pipe. I've never been tested but I think it would pass the 96db test. Plus it uses a swirler instead of a screen for the spark arrestor. I ran a White Bros E2 on my 426 and the SA screen blew out after a few rides Talked to some others that had the same issue. Apparently weak welds on the screen though I'm sure WB has addressed the issue by now. Powerwise like all things it's a compromise. The E2 might be slightly better but significantly louder. All in all I've been really happy with the Q2:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drtbk4ever

Posted April 14, 2007 - 05:37 AM

It will be louder than the corked up stocker but not nearly as loud as the YZ. I have one on my '03 and get comments all the time about how quiet it is for an aftermarket pipe. I've never been tested but I think it would pass the 96db test. Plus it uses a swirler instead of a screen for the spark arrestor. I ran a White Bros E2 on my 426 and the SA screen blew out after a few rides Talked to some others that had the same issue. Apparently weak welds on the screen though I'm sure WB has addressed the issue by now. Powerwise like all things it's a compromise. The E2 might be slightly better but significantly louder. All in all I've been really happy with the Q2:thumbsup:

Thanks PBDBLUE, that's the kind of information I was looking for.

Does anybody know how the FMF Q2 compares sound wise to an uncorded stock exhaust?

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 14, 2007 - 07:32 AM

Much quieter!

• drtbk4ever

Posted April 14, 2007 - 07:33 AM

Much quieter!

OK I'm convinced.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.