06 or 07 YZ450

stepped header pipe, wave rotors, i was told by a suspension shop that the front fork is a little bit different? The 07 is much quieter.

Very minor changes if you ask me, i have the 07.

You might want to consider resale value with a bike that is a year newer. Might only be a couple of hundred bucks difference then

You guys were right.....I went to Yamaha Website and wallaa:

New For 2007:

Replacing the upper cast triple clamp with a light and strong forging, slightly reducing steering head rigidity, and the use of lighter outer fork tubes; lighter wheel rims and light wave-type brake rotors add up to super-accurate, super-responsive steering.

Increasing the length of the rear shock by 1.5mm provides sharp handling. Replacing steel damping adjusters with aluminum ones removes even more weight from the four-way adjustable, titanium-sprung rear suspension unit.

A more rigid clutch pressure plate helps put power to the ground and dissipates heat more efficiently, especially during partial-clutch operation. Shorter lever stroke with 12-percent reduced effort means instant response.

New, titanium exhaust pipe fattens low- and mid-range power while simultaneously adhering to 2007 AMA noise regulations.

This year's ProTaper aluminum handlebar bend raises the grips 8mm for an expanded cockpit. Forged bar clamps reduce weight for superior handling.

(I think I'll go for the 07)

If you are tall you will hate the 06 pro-tapers that come with the bike. I am 6'2 and i ditched the 07 pro tapers that came with it as well

You guys were right.....I went to Yamaha Website and wallaa:

New For 2007:

Replacing the upper cast triple clamp with a light and strong forging, slightly reducing steering head rigidity, and the use of lighter outer fork tubes; lighter wheel rims and light wave-type brake rotors add up to super-accurate, super-responsive steering.

Increasing the length of the rear shock by 1.5mm provides sharp handling. Replacing steel damping adjusters with aluminum ones removes even more weight from the four-way adjustable, titanium-sprung rear suspension unit.

A more rigid clutch pressure plate helps put power to the ground and dissipates heat more efficiently, especially during partial-clutch operation. Shorter lever stroke with 12-percent reduced effort means instant response.

New, titanium exhaust pipe fattens low- and mid-range power while simultaneously adhering to 2007 AMA noise regulations.

This year's ProTaper aluminum handlebar bend raises the grips 8mm for an expanded cockpit. Forged bar clamps reduce weight for superior handling.

(I think I'll go for the 07)

I, i was facing the exact same choice. I opted for the 2006. No so much for the $500, but what I have read on the 07, they mellowed the motor down low. I review said "if you like riding your track in only 1 or 2 gears, you will be missing the '06 spec engine". I weight 210 lbs, and wanted the low end.The big improvements to the 2007 is the longer shock to improve turning. The rest is all minor refinements. I looked up the part #'s for the frames, and it is the same for the both years. I have had my 2006 for a week now, and ridden it 3 times. I can't believe how good the suspension is. It does push in the turns, like everyone says. I have raised my forks 10mm (yes, 10) and set the sag, which all helps, but it still could be better. I call Applied today, and spoke with them about the push and the offset clamps they offer. Doug Dubach tested different offsets extensively, and they have found the 24 mm offset helps the problem. I plan to buy the 24mm offest clamps soon, and I think the bike will be good to go.