Need help with 14t install

7 replies to this topic
  • auron

Posted April 12, 2007 - 07:08 AM

After I tightened the 2 bolts that hold the plate on, the sprocket feels a little loose if shaken from left to right with respect to sitting on the bike. Front to back it's snug but I don't remember the stock one fitting like that.

The sprocket is sitting on the second (intermost) row of teeth with the plate that spins in the middle and the first row of teeth somewhat exposed. It fits pretty well I just wanted to make sure it doesn't need to be super tight.

• goblin127

Posted April 12, 2007 - 07:52 AM

Sounds right,just make sure you use lock tite.

• auron

Posted April 12, 2007 - 08:09 AM

Yup, I think it's fine after going over it again. Wow what a difference since I put a shim under the needle at the same time. Totally different bike

• rmhrc630

Posted April 12, 2007 - 01:00 PM

After I tightened the 2 bolts that hold the plate on, the sprocket feels a little loose if shaken from left to right with respect to sitting on the bike. Front to back it's snug but I don't remember the stock one fitting like that.

The sprocket is sitting on the second (intermost) row of teeth with the plate that spins in the middle and the first row of teeth somewhat exposed. It fits pretty well I just wanted to make sure it doesn't need to be super tight.

Hey there

That loose sprocket feeling is completely norma part of XR life.

Make sure those 2 100mmmm bolts are tight (use loctitie) but the sprocket is designed to float (ie move a little)

It put me off a bit but it's designed to float/move

It cant come off as the 2 bolts would have to come loose and the sprocket would need to turn on its "key".

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rangerfng

Posted April 12, 2007 - 06:20 PM

just did mine look in my garage. same deal as you works fine

• goblin127

Posted April 12, 2007 - 08:02 PM

Yea I woundered about that too.

• Rangerfng

Posted April 15, 2007 - 08:17 AM

Here is a pic for you Posted Image

• focallength

Posted April 15, 2007 - 12:22 PM

the sprocket is supposed to have a little play. If it didnt you could damage the shaft. It is completely normal, nothing to worry about.:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.