new reg/rec no power

2 replies to this topic
  • ZEHR

Posted April 11, 2007 - 05:37 PM

I just did the baja stator mod to my 04 wr 450 and bought an after market reg/rec, "new" not used, wired it up, both yellows go to my ac power from bike witch is the white and yellow wires now, the red to red+ and black to black-. started it up and no charge not a bit, checked my ac out put 28-31 volts ac, i think thats right? the red+ wire is fine and black- wire is fine, my ac power wires are fine, they have no shorts to the ground (frame) anywhere. My question is has anyone ever heard of dud reg/rec is it commen, also is there anything i could have missed? thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dominator426

Posted April 11, 2007 - 11:51 PM

Isn't the 2004 already wired with a regulator/rectifier for the battery and electric start? Maybe 28-31 volts ac is excessive and fried your reg/rec? Some cheap ones may not put up with much. Is yours the same as Baja Design's? The same type and model was also used on earlier Ski-Doo's with electric start...

• ZEHR

Posted April 12, 2007 - 12:48 PM

no it's an aftermarket one though, and yes they are wired up for electric start but my stock reg/rec went on me so i decided on going full dc power

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.