Remove YZ400 Carb

3 replies to this topic
  • davyz400

Posted April 11, 2007 - 04:43 PM

Hello All,

My brother just got a 99 YZ400F and we want to remove the carb for cleaning. It looks like the carb has two cables attached to it and we would like to know the correct way to remove the cables from the carb instead of using brute force. Is there a trick we should know? Any help is much appreciated.

• grayracer513

Posted April 11, 2007 - 05:29 PM

No force of any kind should be required. Disassemble the twist grip first, then loosen the adjusters at the carb. They come right off.

Yamaha Owners Manuals

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bikermice

Posted April 11, 2007 - 08:22 PM

You going to take it to a shop for cleaning or do it yourself?.....If your cleaning it yourself take the slide out & DON'T get any brake cleaner on the o-rings like I did, lol. I sprayed brake cleaner on the big o-ring & it never was the same. Was down a week waiting for it, :thumbsup: ......Now I keep an extra one on hand.

• davyz400

Posted April 12, 2007 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the suggestions grayracer and bikermice. We just needed to be pointed in the right direction. We plan on cleaning it ourselves so thanks for the tip on the o-rings! Not sure how it will all turn foot in front of the other I guess.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.