Those small peep holes on side of motor?

That is a drain hole for the spark plug well. You should have a rubber plug on a wire that came with your bike if you bought it new. Put that in only when you wash your bike.

Happy cleaning!

Yea my bike came with that wire with a rubber end on it but I used it to get the jet needle out of my carb but I was wondering why does the sparkplug well need a drain hole??

..I was wondering why does the sparkplug well need a drain hole??
Um, so fluids won't stand around the spark plug, short out the ignition, and run down into the cylinder when you pull the plug out, maybe?

The plug boot, effective as it may be, can let water in, and the cam cover gasket, as great a piece of work as it is, could leak oil into the well. If you don't provide a way for it to get out, you'll have trouble.

Why do you guys plug up a purpose built drain?
I rarely bother, myself. But some people like to plug it up when they wash the bike because they think they can drive a significant amount of water into the plug well while the only way for the air to get out of the way is sealed off at the other end. :worthy: There's no harm in it, though, is there?

If you do not cover the hole with a golf tee before washing or do not blow compressed air into it with spark plug cap off - before removing plug after washing

the plug will rust/contaminate causing trash to fall into your cylinder when removing the spark plug.....a real mess. All it takes is a golf tee to fix this issue.

The drain is there to let debree fall out of it that may get under spark plug cap - with contact cleaner that is:thumbsup:

If you do not cover the hole with a golf tee before washing or do not blow compressed air into it with spark plug cap off - before removing plug after washing

the plug will rust/contaminate causing trash to fall into your cylinder when removing the spark plug.....a real mess. All it takes is a golf tee to fix this issue.

The drain is there to let debree fall out of it that may get under spark plug cap - with contact cleaner that is:thumbsup:

Wouldnt it be better to take the sparkplug cap off and blow compressed air down to the sparkplug so the debri would either blow upward and even some may come out of the hole.