06' YZ 450 glide plate

7 replies to this topic
  • c-man

Posted April 10, 2007 - 05:18 PM

I just got my 06':ride: 450 3 days ago and was looking at it and noticed that the stock glide plate does not come up very high on the front of the engine cases. There are a lot of rocks where I ride (black hills, sd), and I was wondering if anyone else has found a good aftermarket glide plate or other remedy to this concern.

Thanks guys,

C

• Dizman

Posted April 10, 2007 - 06:03 PM

I put on a Works Connection skid plate on my '07 YZ450F - nice fit and light.

• c-man

Posted April 10, 2007 - 06:42 PM

anyone got any pics of their aftermarket glide/skid plates so I can check out how they fit?? I don't want something huge and bulky looking on yami's slim and trim piece of art work. I did see a carbon fiber one on e-bay, but not sure how well is mounts up or how sturdy it is (about $40 + $17 S & H).

Thanks,

C

• Chopio

Posted April 10, 2007 - 07:03 PM

Devol makes the best one. Fits perfect... http://www.devolraci...skid-plates.htm

[IMG]http://www.devolracing.com/products/skid-plates.htm

:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZfamily

Posted April 11, 2007 - 04:40 PM

I got mine right here from thumperTalk !

• Slinkyman16

Posted April 11, 2007 - 04:41 PM

i bought the gytr factory glide plate for my 07.. they actually sent me a 06 and it looks excellent. nice and light with great protection. i too ride in alot of rocks when i ride in the desert... i would check that out.. i think it wasy 75 bucks total.. well worth it in my opinion.

• youngr24

Posted April 11, 2007 - 06:41 PM

Utah sport cycle sells a real nice full skid plate. Looks real good on the bike. Only mod you have to make is drilling holes in it to reduce the noise from the engine. I have had mine on for some time and have taken some real heavy hits with it. (but I ride off road) not on a track.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 11, 2007 - 07:46 PM

I have the GYTR, its very nice and has held up well. If I had it to do over again I would go with the Utah Sport. The reason is the GYTR didnt fit perfect, the two holes at the top didnt line up with the holes in the frame, which was really dissapionting being that is was made by Yamaha for Yamaha. I had a Utah Sport on my WR and it was perfect in every way. Price, appearance and function are very close on the two.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.