clarke gas tank supports ( trick idea)

9 replies to this topic
  • drtlvr

Posted April 10, 2007 - 03:50 PM

I will not take credit for this idea,I saw it on another xr but I can't remember where,so who ever came up with it:applause: :ride: :thumbsup: :worthy: :ride: :ride: :p :lol: :ride:

Attached Thumbnails

• gas tank brackets 003.jpg

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted April 10, 2007 - 04:52 PM

Thats pretty slick!

• tirebiter

Posted April 10, 2007 - 06:18 PM

Sweet- like the turnbuckle approach.:thumbsup:

• vade

Posted April 10, 2007 - 06:50 PM

That is an awesome idea.:thumbsup:

Posted April 12, 2007 - 03:33 AM

evil minds think alike.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mchester

Posted April 12, 2007 - 05:30 AM

Looks cool but must weigh a LOT more than my 1/8" x 1/2" Aluminum strip brackets. Maybe a bit overkill...

Posted April 12, 2007 - 08:27 AM

Looks cool but must weigh a LOT more than my 1/8" x 1/2" Aluminum strip brackets. Maybe a bit overkill...

Actually, mine are 1/4 x 20 and pretty light. They also allow your adjust the distance between the bottom of the tank and the cyl head to allow for more air circulation - better cooling. Of course, some folks like the bracket look. :thumbsup:

• TDC71

Posted April 12, 2007 - 10:01 AM

Thats a good looking support, but I figured I'd use plastic strips for support cause if I dump it which happens once in awhile on the trails I want some flex . the strips I use allow some flex and will break in a hard hit.Those turnbuckles will rip out the bronze anchor nut in the tank if the tank takes a decent shot. But thats my 2 cents.

• drtlvr

Posted April 12, 2007 - 12:35 PM

yes they are alittle heavy,but all the hype on weight is way over rated, most of us are trail riding anyway,the xr650l is not a race bike,and its alot more simple to loose the weight on the old gut then it is to shed alittle weight on a bike that is just fine the way it is. treadmarks it was your bike now that I see it again,cool idea

• XR650L_Dave

Posted April 12, 2007 - 01:52 PM

Duct tape and heim joints, is there anything they can't do?

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.