Backfire on 07' WR450F

1 reply to this topic
  • custom-cruiser

Posted April 10, 2007 - 09:56 AM

07' WR450F with only 64 miles on it.
Mods-Grey disconect,throttle screw shorten,air box gutted,Pea shooter removed. Ran great.
I put on a TI Powercore and it fired right up the bike had smooth idle and sounded good,I did not ride. The next day I fired it up and POP POP POP backfire while trying to start. I pulled the hot start(even though it was cold) and it fired, same smooth idle and good sound. shut it off and tried it a couple hours later same thing POP POP POP :thumbsup: . What gives?

I have my JD jet kit and ZIP/TY mixture screw but not yet installed will this cure?

Thx CC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bandit99

Posted April 10, 2007 - 03:18 PM

Yes, you need to jet the bike. The pipe is letting it breath more. If you put the mixture screw in and adjust it, it will help.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.