Trail Tech Vapor, or Endurance?

7 replies to this topic
  • Kawabuggy

Posted April 10, 2007 - 05:14 AM

I am thinking about getting a computer for my bike and was wondering which ones you guys think would be better.

I primarily use my bike for trail riding. I don't ever ride on the street.

I know the Vapor has the tachometer, and temperature, but I have "heard" that finding a suitable place to mount the temp. sender can be a problem on the XR600R's.

Any words of wisdom from the boards?

• Mogdorr

Posted April 10, 2007 - 11:12 AM

check out Electrosport.com's offerings as well. They don't have a head temp sensor but I'ld bet the supplied fluid temp sensor could be adapted if oil temp isn't your thing. I liked the larger screen size and housing with indicator lights.

• Kawabuggy

Posted April 10, 2007 - 11:56 AM

I checked them out. They seem to be very nice, but come at a higher price than the Trail Tech.

• gchidest

Posted April 10, 2007 - 02:15 PM

I just ordered a vapor from http://www.motostran...eedometers.html. There price seemed very good from what I could find. All I have heard about the vapor is good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hill5150

Posted April 10, 2007 - 04:33 PM

Get a GPS unit no wires no hassle I have the Garmin E Trex, never skips or shuts off and takes alot of abuse.......

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted April 10, 2007 - 04:50 PM

I have the vapor on my XR600 and it works great. I just mounted the temp sender on the metal oil line where it goes into the thead. It seems very accurate there. I find the Vapor much easier to use than my old Endurance.
I have a Garmin 376C GPS as well and the Vapor still comes in handy.

• Billahjack

Posted April 10, 2007 - 05:02 PM

GPS Mounts -

Check out: http://www.ram-mount...motorcycles.htm

I use a rubber band in conjuction with the custom formed GPS holders to keep it from vibrating and wearing the cases.

I have GPS and a TrailTech Vapor on my XR650R. I have an Endurance (probably purchased in 2000) on another bike and the Endurance went haywire when I got it wet washing the bike.

• sbenja2003

Posted April 10, 2007 - 05:25 PM

I have the vapor on my XR650l along with my Garman 76cs. I got the 6mm sensor from Trailtech then I drilled and taped the drainplug on the engine and put it there and it works perfect its allways in oil.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.