moving to africa DRZ400s wr450f or something else???

2 replies to this topic
  • treepawpaw

Posted April 09, 2007 - 05:13 PM

HI I grew up in Ethiopia and am returning there this coming fall to live and work as a missionary. I want to take a bike out there with me. I am trying to decide what bike to take. I will be doing some traveling. It will be 99% dirt road riding. I have been thinking about the drz400s or the wr450f. I would need to get something that is street legal. so I would have to find a wr450 with a kit on it. I want something that is reliable but still fun to play on. I have a wr250f now and love it but I think I need something bigger. I would love to hear any advice that anyone may have. Or if anyone has a bike for sale that may be a good one for me. I am looking for a bike around 3500 dollars. I am currently located in atlanta. Please, any help would be greatly apreciated.

Does anyone want to trade for a 2002 WR250f??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ez__rider

Posted April 18, 2007 - 06:12 AM

If you can get to Michigan, there was an ad recently on the Detroit Craigslist from a guy wanted to trade his street legal WR450 for a yz250. I'm not sure why... but could be the trade for you.

I'm pretty sure both these ads are his:

otherwise, seems like WRs come up on ebay relatively frequently.

• treepawpaw

Posted September 13, 2007 - 06:12 AM

well I have got my bike. and I am all ready to go. i will start building a crate shortly. I bought a 2003 DRZ400S totally stock with 4000 miles on it. I got it for 2500. I have now done everything that I think I need to it.
here is a list

clarke tank
aluminium radiator guards
new brakes
d flex hand guards
edge tail light
Kick start kit
lowering link
aluminium rear rack
new terra flex for the rear ( not installed)
new kenda trackmaster for the front
yoshi full system
skip plate
new chain and sprockets

I think that is about it. Plese let me know if you have any more recommendations. Any advice would be apreciated.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.