426 tires

4 replies to this topic
  • kjfox

Posted April 09, 2007 - 11:57 AM

Need new front and rear tires. Mainly hardpack riding here in Virginia. however I also ride some MX and trails in Maryland, PA and NC. Considering the Pirell Scorpion Pro for the front and the MT-16 for the rear. Currently have Dunlop 739FAJ front and 120/90-19(stock is 110/90-19) D739 for the rear. Should I seriously consider the Pirelli or stick with the Dunlops? What is the handling differences between these two tires?
Where do you guys get tires from?

How does the Pirelli front tire special work?

• buzzgrizz

Posted April 09, 2007 - 02:52 PM

We run Bridgestones (anything form an ED12 to M59 & 60's) and have been pleased with them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted April 09, 2007 - 06:00 PM

Pirelli Scorpion Pro up front and Scorpion Pro MX Hard on the rear. I used to run Dunlops (mostly 952's), but they don't last as long as Pirelli's, and I don't believe anybody has a better tire than the Scorpion Pro front. That things grips in mud, hard pack, silt, pavement, whatever....

• ____Kurt____

Posted April 09, 2007 - 06:46 PM

use the kenda rears. they are the best in my expeirence. i am running a millville in the rear right now and i have a couple rides on it and its barly worn and i still have a carlsbad awaiting me. they get the best grip i have been able to grab on my 426 yet and they are CHEAP!!!

• flintlock28

Posted April 09, 2007 - 07:05 PM

The Pirelli combo is the way to go....I'm using the Scorpion Pro up front, and the MT-16 on the rear. It's the best tires I've had on this bike ever....I've used Dunlop and Maxxis, but they paled by comparison.

I ride Hardpack, Dirt/Sand mixture, a little pure Sand, Rock, shale, good trail dirt, and Coal/Rock, in Pa. and New Jersey. I have little time in Mud, so I can't speak about it's Mud performance.

I don't know if Pirelli is still running their special, but if you purchased a Pirelli rear (certain models, including the MT-16, and other's) you registered online, and they'll ship you a front tire for $ 15 total. I'll try and find the link.

found it.....

http://www.mx.getpir....com/home1.html

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.