07 YZ450F rebound

4 replies to this topic
  • yzf721

Posted April 09, 2007 - 08:06 AM

After 2 rides on my new 07 YZ450 I noticed odd suspension issues. The biggest issue is the rebound, it is really strong! I am 210lbs and still the back end bounces back hard and quick. I feel like I am going over the handle bars all the time.

I am 3 clicks from being all the way out and the sag is correct. Has anybody else had weird issues with the 07 YZ450 suspension?

• never59

Posted April 09, 2007 - 08:17 AM

You will definitely need a heavier rear spring. My 07 does not have any weird issues with the suspension other than bottoming out, which is user error and me being too heavy for the bike with stock springs. I am 200

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 09, 2007 - 08:20 AM

Sounds more like you have too much compression damping than too little rebound. Also, try to avoid hitting bumps with trailing throttle on a four-stroke. The stronger engine braking makes them kick the tail up when the gas is off.

At your weight, you should have heavier than stock springs, it seems to me. If the springs aren't a good match for you, you'll have to crank in an excess of compression to make up for it, and that could be what's happening to you here.

Also, if you think the rebound is too fast, why do you have it 3 clicks from all the way out? Run it back it a few.

• kyle450rider

Posted April 09, 2007 - 12:39 PM

had the same issue with my 2007 and im 225.Went to a heavier spring and its really good now :thumbsup:

• tonto256

Posted April 09, 2007 - 05:37 PM

I am 3 clicks from being all the way out and the sag is correct. Has anybody else had weird issues with the 07 YZ450 suspension?[/QUOTE]

I think you are turning your rebound the wrong way. If you want to slow the rebound down (less spring effect), then turn it in, not out. Your rebound adjuster is just the exact opposite as the compression adjuster. One controls the resistance(or speed) of the shaft on the way in (compression) and the other on the way out (rebound). Try turning the rebound "in" (to the right) and I think you will be a lot happier with the results.
I agree, at your weight you should look into stiffer springs.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.