Hard starting with loud pop.

3 replies to this topic
  • jokintom24

Posted April 08, 2007 - 04:32 PM

ok so i went to start my bike in the morning it was being a PAIN. I kicked and kicked and every 5-6 kickes it made a loud POP. Its an 07 yz 450 and i changed the pilot to a 45 and i have a 165 main and 2 turns out. What is making this loud popping noise?

• AZcrRider

Posted April 08, 2007 - 05:48 PM

Elevation? Temp? How is the plug? Did you give a it shot of gas? A little squirt of gas usually does the trick for me, when it seems like it "wants" to start.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted April 08, 2007 - 06:31 PM

My 06 450f pops loud if it is a cold day> like the 40's. But in order for it to pop I noticed I would have to kick it about 5 times and then if I got a good 6th kick in it would pop. After I figured that out I started giving it a quik twist of throttle a couple of times and it would start on the fourth or fifth kick with out the pop.

• Mike546

Posted April 09, 2007 - 05:19 AM

I've found that to start my bike after sitting a few days I first tip it to the side to flush the float bowl with fresh fuel. I then give it three or four twist of the throttle and a few nice easy kicks. If it pops I give it another twist of the throttle and it usually starts on the next kick. If you kick it too hard it spins the engine too fast and it over rides the auto decompressor. Just nice easy kicks. Oh yea, make sure you turned the fuel and choke on.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.