XR200 Big Bore Kits

8 replies to this topic
  • CRM114

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:08 PM

I've been doing a little research. You've got XR's Only, Powroll, and Wiseco. Are there any more? Does anyone have any experience with any of these?

The Powroll kit looks pretty impressive and complete but I'm not sure I want to ship off my perfectly good crank for some modifications.

I have heard that the kick start gear in an XR200 is a little weak and going with a higher compression piston can cause it to wear out faster. I don't know if this is true. ???

What are the effects of going to 218 cc's? Or going from 10:1 to 10.5:1? I know you're going to get more torque, but how much of a change does it translate to at the throttle?

What about cams? Brands? Kits? Personal testimonials?

Keep Ridin',
John

• Alex 400

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

the more power you get the less throttle it will take to do things or in other words the more power you have on tap the more you can unleash. the stroker kit from powroll will give great torque and horsepower increase that would really make the xr200 into a great woods weapon. if i hadn't gotten taller i would have kept mine and done that to it along with the 18" rear wheel and some kind of front disc conversion. I think powroll would be the way to go because of the cams they offer that match their kits.

The higher compression won't really do anything except make more power. more pressure, more fire, more power. and 10.5: 1 isn't even close to being high enough to have to run race gas so don't worry about it.

• fordfreak300

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:39 AM

the piston in my 82 xr200r is 10.5/1 That and with my home porting and polishing I can roll onto the throttle in 1, 2nd and 3rd and get the front wheel up in the air. I only weight about 150lbs though. My cam is stock. I will be changing that out soon enough.

• Quick Draw

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

Powroll definitely seems to be the most popular around here. I have heard nothing but positive things about Powroll.

• Old School Al

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:57 PM

I've been doing a little research. You've got XR's Only, Powroll, and Wiseco. Are there any more? Does anyone have any experience with any of these?

The Powroll kit looks pretty impressive and complete but I'm not sure I want to ship off my perfectly good crank for some modifications.

I have heard that the kick start gear in an XR200 is a little weak and going with a higher compression piston can cause it to wear out faster. I don't know if this is true. ???

What are the effects of going to 218 cc's? Or going from 10:1 to 10.5:1? I know you're going to get more torque, but how much of a change does it translate to at the throttle?

What about cams? Brands? Kits? Personal testimonials?

Keep Ridin',
John

There are no big bore kits for the 200................only small bore kits!:thumbsup:

Way cheaper to mod a good crank............you don't have to buy parts to repair it!

Starter gears hold up pretty well, if you keep the decompressor and don't start it like your killing snakes.

Way more low and mid range power, don't have to rev it to death anymore.

Testimonials.....................go to the Racing and Results thread. Yogi and Old School Jeff can fill you in on what a 218cc XR200R can do.:worthy:

Old School Al

• Eulogy

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:47 AM

Will these kits fit a XR200 from Philippines? The XR200 is still sold here and not discontinued like some other parts of the world. The XR200 here only has 16.5hp or something. I dont know how it is in other parts of the world like USA.

See hondaph.com for a pic and info on the XR200 here in Philippines.

• Old School Al

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:07 AM

Will these kits fit a XR200 from Philippines? The XR200 is still sold here and not discontinued like some other parts of the world. The XR200 here only has 16.5hp or something. I dont know how it is in other parts of the world like USA.

See hondaph.com for a pic and info on the XR200 here in Philippines.

If it's like the XR200R that was sold in the USA it won't have 16.5 hp.................with the 218 kit it's only around 18hp.

Go to Powroll's site and send them a email, they sell world wide and I bet will know what 200 you have.

Old School Al

• socalxr

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:57 PM

Starter gears hold up pretty well, if you keep the decompressor and don't start it like your killing snakes.

Me and Al have butted heads on many things, but I need to give credit where credit is due. This is pretty damn funny. :thumbsup:

• Eulogy

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:09 PM

If it's like the XR200R that was sold in the USA it won't have 16.5 hp.................with the 218 kit it's only around 18hp.

Go to Powroll's site and send them a email, they sell world wide and I bet will know what 200 you have.

Old School Al

The Philippine XR200 has 2 valves. Are there any kits for a 2 valve XR200?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

New and I bought a xr100r by 86indy

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR/CRF 80-200
  • Hot  40 replies
Forums
Photo

Honda CRF 100, BBR 120cc big bore piston kit?! by nnac7270

• 12 replies
Forums
Photo

I need Opinion on an Issue for XR200R by vfrriderus

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Unknown Age of Bike by Wanna_Torque_About_It?

• 6 replies
Forums
Photo

'02 XR200 Adventure/Mountain Bike by mx4god

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.