Sparkless- anyone know what to check?

4 replies to this topic
  • tdavid

Posted April 08, 2007 - 01:51 PM

Mates,
2005 wr450 was running fine. I didn't ride it for a couple of months and now there is no spark at all. What suggestions do you have to troubleshoot this problem? Thanks:banghead:

• Looks450

Posted April 08, 2007 - 07:55 PM

New plug,
check current to plug,
check current from stator,
check current along wiring to plug,
if all above fails to sort your problem,
burn bike claim insurance

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fryboy

Posted April 08, 2007 - 09:34 PM

You might want to disconnect your kill switch too. I have seen them cause the problem.

• WR_Dave

Posted April 09, 2007 - 12:11 PM

You might want to disconnect your kill switch too. I have seen them cause the problem.

I had a friend run into this problem with water getting into the switch. Kicked the bike forever :worthy: and then unplugged the kill switch and it fired right up. Always check the simple ,easy stuff first. If you don't have a manual you can go to the WR performance sticky at the top of the forum and download the one for yoiur bike. It has all the troubleshooting steps in it. :thumbsup: WR Dave.

• griffithds

Posted April 09, 2007 - 06:53 PM

Dito on the kill switch! It's been the only thing that i've had to replace on my 05'. Might try just loosening up the bolts that hold it in place. If it's to tight, it will ground itself, thereby killing the spark!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.