Discounted Sidewinder Sprocket/Chain deal in the making!! Who's Interested?

57 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted January 28, 2002 - 10:53 PM

To: "NH Kevin"

Subject: Bulk Order deal on Sidewinder chains/sprockets for members.

Re: discount/deal on bulk order??

Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:17:34 -0600

Dear Kevin,
I would be glad to work on a special bulk deal for your guys.....vic
:D :D :D
OK you TT'ers!

I would like a show of hands ONLY, for now!

I know they offer Titanium or Stainless or Aluminum rear sprockets.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS change out your sprockets and chain as a set!

I am running a smaller countershaft on my 99 WR (13 teeth?) and am VERY HAPPY :D with it.

DO NOT SEND ME E-MAIL in response to this :D

DO NOT POST A PRIVATE MESSAGE in response to this :D

This is just for a show of hands ONLY, and state what you are looking for.

:) REPLY TO THIS ONLY ON THE WR400/426 FORUM. :D INCLUDE WHICH FORUM YOU FREQUENT, for my own personal tracking.

It is too tough to jump between all the forums. If you post on another forum, you will go un-noticed!!

I WILL NOT be sending out anything individually, like the Kouba deals. There is not enough Celexa/Prozac in the world to control the anxiety that deal put me through. I do not know if this will effect our purchase position or not. Depends on the show of hands.

Do not reply if you think possibly, maybe, if it doesn't snow next week, if you hit the jackpot lotto, that you may be interested in this.

No Wannabee's PLEASE.

see @

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 28, 2002 - 11:07 PM

Of course I am in on it!

Stainless rear w/ o-ring chain (e-ring?)

• ballistic

Posted January 29, 2002 - 12:17 AM

Me: ballistic, Suzuki forum.
interest: tool steel front, SS or Ti rear, Gold or Ti O ring.
comment: I would expect a substantial discount, like 25-35%. Just my opinion.

• TomPar

Posted January 29, 2002 - 02:35 AM

Me too. Saw it posted on KTM side.

• sirthumpalot

Posted January 29, 2002 - 02:51 AM

I broke 10 teeth off of my rear sprocket this weekend so I need a set asap! Can you give us more info, such as what will the discount be and when we anticipate delivery? Also if you're not sending it out individually, how will we receive it (do we all call and order separately?). Thanks for all the work on deals like this!!! :) :D

I frequent the YZF 426 forum and need the following (all stock sizes):

ti-moly rear
tool steel front
ti-series chain
1 extra master link

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 29, 2002 - 03:12 AM

I have forwarded this link to Mr. Krause. All I know is what I have posted at the top.

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted January 29, 2002 - 03:29 AM

You know I'm all over that! One thing I noticed, I didn't see any sprocket/chain combos listed (maybe I just didn't look close enough). This is how I purchased the set for my WR. I can't remember the exact discount of the combo vs. buying individually but I think it was about 15%-20%. Hopefully Vic is giving us a break beyond the combo prices. I would like a Ti O-ring chain, 2 extra links, Ti rear sprocket, and a 13 tooth counter. Depending on the pricing I may extra sprockets. And FYI, these are great chains and sprockets. If they're good enough for Robby K. they're good enough for me!

• Cobra2go

Posted January 29, 2002 - 04:10 AM

I'm from the WR forum and I'm in. Depending on discount I may purchase extras to cover different conditions. I would want either steel or Ti and whatever chain is the highest quality. I have looked at their website before and didn't think some information was really clear.

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Cobra2go ]

Posted January 29, 2002 - 04:36 AM

I too would like to know how big of a discount we would get. I have never owned sidewinder products because they are pricey. But I am seriously considering it now. My CRF450 is eating sprockets like a fat kid on a twinkie. I would be most interested in the Ti-moly rear sprocket 50t, the Ti-moly chain with extra masterlink, and a 13t tool steel countershaft sprocket. I live over at the Crf450 site.
thanks for your effort :)

• #1_Hit-man

Posted January 29, 2002 - 04:54 AM

I'm in if its a big discount. Tool Steel front(14), Tool Steel rear(51),Pro-Series Gold(o-ring)chain,(1)extra link. THANX! ~Hitman~

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: #1 Hit-man ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • planetmike

Posted January 29, 2002 - 07:07 AM

I'm interested in the titanium sprockets/chain set. I would like to know more from users on how they wear. My experience with titanium is that they don't perform well as bearing surfaces.

• Eric_E

Posted January 29, 2002 - 07:18 AM

I am interested...

• lewichris

Posted January 29, 2002 - 07:38 AM

• jamracing

Posted January 29, 2002 - 09:25 AM

I'm in for it too, but it will depend on the discount...

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 29, 2002 - 10:00 PM

Ditto Jam!!! Sounds good Kev. How much?? I'll just send you a PM....

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Dan Lorenze ]

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Dan Lorenze ]

• Jekel

Posted January 29, 2002 - 02:15 PM

Depending on the disccount, I could be interested in SS rear and quality front with oring chain. Thanks for the help with discounts :)

• VOR_guy

Posted January 29, 2002 - 03:47 PM

count me in...I am interested in the Ti chain/sprocket combo with an extra master link,for a Cannondale X440s

• Fastgregg

Posted January 29, 2002 - 05:38 PM

I would like the stainless sprockets and O ring for a 99 WR.

• Hal_Cheetwood

Posted January 29, 2002 - 06:04 PM

I would like a set for a CRF450 Ill give you the details when you get ready to order. I am on the CRF450 forum... Hal

• jay_sellars

Posted January 29, 2002 - 07:20 PM

stainless with o-ring chain would work for me. 01 WR426

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.