650L Front Brakes

9 replies to this topic
  • vade

Posted April 07, 2007 - 06:12 PM

I have bleed the brakes numerous times both the normal way and by back filling them with a syringe and still can not generate much in the way of braking power. What would be the next step in trying to get things figured out? Could the master cylinder need a rebuild? What would I look for in order to figure this out? Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

• drtlvr

Posted April 07, 2007 - 06:40 PM

you could try stainless brake lines and some better pads or maybe better brake fluid, where in WI are you?

• vade

Posted April 07, 2007 - 08:02 PM

Already swapped out pads and did a complete flush and refill on the fluid. The brakes have never been all that good since I bought the bike late last year. I am from West Bend.

• Boy named sue

Posted April 08, 2007 - 05:40 AM

Try a stainless brake line made quite a bit of difference for me.

• drtlvr

Posted April 08, 2007 - 05:50 AM

my bike came with the ss lines so I cant really say if they make a dramatic change maybe the master cylinder needs to be rebuilt you could swap the master cylinder for one from a street bike that has to run dual rotors,I would think that it would push more fluid,just some ideas,I'm from manitowoc,and do alot of riding up around crandon and parish.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flyin vee

Posted April 08, 2007 - 02:04 PM

Stainless is the way to go, the OEM brake lines expand waaaaaay too if you are serious about braking power. The stainless steal braiding keeps those brake lines from expanding when pressure is applied to the brake. In other words it is a much more solid feel at the brake lever. Hope this helps, OZ

• Denn10

Posted April 09, 2007 - 10:24 AM

Those of you that have replaced front line with a SS where did you get them from and what brand? TY

• drtlvr

Posted April 09, 2007 - 01:09 PM

galfer brake lines,my bike came with so I cant help you with where to get them.

• bcone

Posted April 09, 2007 - 02:22 PM

Try Motostrano for brake lines and rotors.

• MartinDKtm

Posted April 10, 2007 - 06:42 AM

Stock rubber line expansion is the Honda Abs system of the 650L. Cheap and reliable system... Russel (An Edelbrock company) also sell SS line for the 650L. I have the Russel front line and it makes a very nice improvement. And eliminate the honda abs system.

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.