noobie saying Hello!

6 replies to this topic
  • xrmarty

Posted April 07, 2007 - 05:28 PM

Well, not excactly new to TT, but new to WR's. Just picked'er up this morning in Palmdale, CA. Now, I just have to figure out all those things you guys are talking about...gray wire, throttle stop, airbox mods, jetting, etc, ect. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

I couldn't believe how they corked up the muffler.

Posted Image

I can't wait to wake her up and take her for a good ride.

• FastRides

Posted April 07, 2007 - 06:28 PM

Sweet ride, isn't it?! Be sure to check that you have the good air filter cage (faulty one has a hole in it just in case you haven't heard / read about it already in the FAQs/Performance threads).
MG

• TWILES

Posted April 07, 2007 - 07:08 PM

They say to just drill the rivits out and remove the stopper in the baffle. I just took the whole thing out of my 05. It ran better than with just the stopper out. Next will be that new Q4 FMF TI muffler.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • resinlips

Posted April 07, 2007 - 08:28 PM

Very nice. Congrats! Wish mine still looked like that.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted April 07, 2007 - 09:02 PM

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the pmb insert for my pipe. It opened it up even more and I still test at 93db's.

• xrmarty

Posted April 08, 2007 - 09:43 AM

Sweet ride, isn't it?! Be sure to check that you have the good air filter cage (faulty one has a hole in it just in case you haven't heard / read about it already in the FAQs/Performance threads).
MG

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that! I will promptly check this morning.

• MountainMax

Posted April 08, 2007 - 11:56 AM

Welcome, and congrats on the new purchase, now like you said, do all the mods and you will be amazed how much better it will be..........

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.