Carb Idea

No replies to this topic
  • Tattootodd

Posted April 06, 2007 - 09:01 PM

OK i was at the shop(Mach 2 in Fernley) and we checked the valves on a kxf450....Well on top of the flat slide on the top cap theres a little oval plate with 2 3mm allens.Take it off and get to the needle from the top without removing the whole cover...Was really easy kinda kool...WOuld be very very easy to swap the whole cap from that stlye carb to just about any 450 flat slide(i think).I guess once we get jetted good wouldnt be a need but i thought it was very well thought out by the engineers....Well im not a huge Kawi fan but man what an easy valve check....Remove 2 shroud bolts and tank bolts and fuel line pull off tank and BAM 3 10mm screws and the valve are in your hand...Way to go KAWI....also did 06 yam wr450 and UHGGGGGG PITA for sure...

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.