Performance CDI Box-Worth It?

8 replies to this topic
  • Kawabuggy

Posted April 06, 2007 - 06:09 PM

I have been thinking about upgrading/changing out my CDI box on my bike.

If this is a worthwhile update, I will move forward.

Are there anythings that I need to be concerned about with this mod?

If for no other reason, I can do the update, and then keep the old CDI box in case of an emergency.

• edssco

Posted April 06, 2007 - 06:59 PM

What kind of bike do you have ?
What is the new cdi box going to do for you?
and yes keep the old CDI box in case of an emergency.
Ed

• rebelventurer

Posted April 06, 2007 - 07:11 PM

You have a xr650L correct? I have yet to see a performance cdi for this bike. Who makes one, and is it plug and play? Though I have heard of people using the xr600r box, and stator, with other items to make it all work together. Results were pretty impressive. Though I dont see that all the tweaking and such as a worthwhile effort and question the durability, with the added chore of the electric start. :bonk:

• Kawabuggy

Posted April 07, 2007 - 09:33 AM

Actually, I have the XR600R. '93 Model year.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cbaranski

Posted April 07, 2007 - 10:35 AM

I own a 96. I just sold mine on ebay yesterday. I used it once to see what it was like. I plugged it in and started the bike. It idled nice but when you rode it it was fine till the engine got to its mid power band and then it was like you got hit by a train and the bike took off like a rocker. I have trail tech vapor computer on my bike and when the tach got to 6000rpm is when it hit hard. I guess if you all out race it would be good, but I like to ride trails and I thought it was just to much for a trail. If you were to get an I-kat to replace your factoery plug boot, thats a good mod in itself. My 2 cents on the deal.

• rebelventurer

Posted April 07, 2007 - 10:37 AM

If you have the 600 I would leave well enough alone! :bonk: :naughty:

• goblin127

Posted April 07, 2007 - 11:35 AM

What is an IKat?

• jclaus98

Posted April 07, 2007 - 04:14 PM

Yes, what the hell is an Ikat someone???

• daddyk

Posted April 07, 2007 - 06:49 PM

It puts a capacator in the spark plug wire. Suppose to do all kind of wonderful things. I've never seen any empirical proof of it working,just people saying it felt better. Here's a link to the web site http://www.ikatuk.com/

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.