Dont rely on Yamaha Warranty!!!

47 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted April 10, 2007 - 11:52 AM

The thing is that it doesn't break anywhere near the point where the peg contacts the lever.

• toofast2

Posted April 10, 2007 - 02:47 PM

Yes,I know,but it does put a 'load' on the part that does break.causing the
weakest link of the lever to fail.

• grayracer513

Posted April 10, 2007 - 02:53 PM

Maybe.

But I doubt it.

• FeliX 450

Posted April 10, 2007 - 06:33 PM

Yamaharacer does your kick lever hit the footpeg when you try to start
the bike?...Hint,they all do!..that's the weak link,they use the footpeg as
a stop,for the lever,Aluminum hitting Titanium,who will be the winner?:thumbsup:

once again, it has nothing to do with lever hitting the footpeg:prof:
i know all bikes do it,
its the bottom part of the lever:bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZfamily

Posted April 11, 2007 - 04:44 PM

i have an '06, and mine goes all the way down and is getting chewed up by the footpeg! Any ideas on how to stop that?

• toofast2

Posted April 12, 2007 - 04:32 AM

once again, it has nothing to do with lever hitting the footpeg:prof:
i know all bikes do it,
its the bottom part of the lever:bonk:

OK,just curious(bottom part of lever)where you put your foot?..is that what's
breaking?(any pics?)or is it the "Hinged" part that is connected to the kick
shaft?:thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted April 12, 2007 - 06:16 AM

Folks this is a normal wear item - pegs on kickstart. Especially if you use oversize pegs like me. Sounds to me like some of you are power kicking your bikes and breaking the Kickstarter...
Yamaha warranty service depends on each individual dealer and how much they care to keep a customer happy....a boy does this sure vary ....and never buy extended warrantys - these are from 3rd party companys that have a history of not paying claims and going out of business.....:thumbsup:

• m00n420

Posted April 12, 2007 - 07:00 AM

My kickstarter just broke yesterday. Same place at the bottom where it stops the lever from hitting the frame! Sounds like an issue. I've only ridden my 07 yz450f once before this happened. Its not even broken in yet! Luckily I've only had it 2 weeks so it should be under warranty. I was gonna screw the warranty and just buy a new one but like you said they sell only the whole assembly! I've been riding all my life and these things should stand up to the force of kick starting. Ridiculous.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.