Don't judge a bike by it's color

17 replies to this topic
  • thumper450yzf

Posted April 06, 2007 - 11:52 AM

I used to make fun of my uncle for riding yamaha....... BIG MISTAKE I just bought a 2004 yz450F and after 2 years of riding my 440ex and my dads crf 450F, my new bike is by far the FASTEST and pulls the hardest in every gear. I love it and I will never judge a bike by its color ANYMORE!:bonk: :naughty:

• Dizman

Posted April 06, 2007 - 12:13 PM

If you think the 04 YZ450F is fast and a great bike, take a spin on one of the 06 or 07 YZ450's - an incredible improvement. I upgraded this year from my 03 YZ450F to an 07 YZ450F and I can't believe the difference :bonk: . There's no going back now.

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted April 06, 2007 - 03:36 PM

Welcome to the Dark Side

• MotoX245

Posted April 06, 2007 - 03:42 PM

Atta boy!
whats with it with Honda fans hating on everything but Hondas. Its freakin retarded, I ride a Honda, yet I still like Yamaha better!

• moto867

Posted April 06, 2007 - 03:48 PM

I usually find that it's the guys that don't have a honda tend to bag on hondas first.

• MotoX245

Posted April 06, 2007 - 04:34 PM

I usually find that it's the guys that don't have a honda tend to bag on hondas first.

hmm, but not in my neck of the woods. According to my buddies, if you dont ride a honda, your a f@g. They're idiots :bonk:

• moto867

Posted April 06, 2007 - 05:01 PM

I mean in general. If you talk to ten differant guys not on hondas it seems like the first bike they bag on is a honda. Sometimes you get an idiot that got a particular bike, which ever one, and because thats what he got that is the only brand he will ever own and all others are junk. I got a buddy who raced a 1983 yz 125 back in the day then quit riding. to this day he swears that yamahas are the best bike in the world based on his experiance with that 83. Not saying they are'nt the best just saying his opinion is based on brand loyalty not facts. Not the way to go imo. I tend to pick a bike on what i feel is the best for me at the time, and the price.

• YamahaYZ426F

Posted April 06, 2007 - 05:05 PM

:bonk: YAMAHA :naughty:

• moto867

Posted April 06, 2007 - 05:19 PM

See what i mean?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moto867

Posted April 06, 2007 - 05:19 PM

Just kidding.

• YamahaYZ426F

Posted April 06, 2007 - 05:22 PM

:bonk: :naughty: : YAMAHA&KAWASKI&KTM:worthy: :D

• MotoX245

Posted April 06, 2007 - 05:50 PM

See what i mean?

Yea totally
But you have to admit, you gotta like one brand more than the others.

• Dirt Vader

Posted April 06, 2007 - 05:52 PM

After riding my brother-in -law's '05 yz450f I was sold on a four-stroke,and knowing how well built yami's are the choice seemed clear and although I'd been out of riding for over 10 years my '07 450f is the best handling bike I've ever thrown a leg over and the power is amazing but smooth.:bonk:

• moto867

Posted April 06, 2007 - 06:51 PM

I have not tried them all. I had hondas for years but i am not loyal to them. When in the market for a bike i do as much research as possible to come up with a decision. It just so happened that at the time it turned out to be hondas a few times in a row. People mistakingly mistook me for a honda guy. Don't get me wrong, i loved my hondas. When it came time to get a new 4 stroke, i ended up getting a kawasaki. Right now it is the best bike i have ever ridden. I don't have the advantage of being able to try all the bikes so i made an educated guess and don't regret it. So i really don't have a favorite brand, next bike could be a suzook, yam, kaw, honda or even a ktm, i dont know.

• MotoX245

Posted April 06, 2007 - 07:13 PM

I have not tried them all. I had hondas for years but i am not loyal to them. When in the market for a bike i do as much research as possible to come up with a decision. It just so happened that at the time it turned out to be hondas a few times in a row. People mistakingly mistook me for a honda guy. Don't get me wrong, i loved my hondas. When it came time to get a new 4 stroke, i ended up getting a kawasaki. Right now it is the best bike i have ever ridden. I don't have the advantage of being able to try all the bikes so i made an educated guess and don't regret it. So i really don't have a favorite brand, next bike could be a suzook, yam, kaw, honda or even a ktm, i dont know.

right on, glad to hear someones doing there research liek your supposed to instead of just taking home your fav color. :bonk:

• moto867

Posted April 06, 2007 - 07:31 PM

Thanks.

• 99raptor

Posted April 07, 2007 - 05:13 AM

Having owned red and green before blue,I find blue more reliable and more in tune to my needs.

• 6fiddy

Posted April 07, 2007 - 07:32 AM

I used to make fun of my uncle for riding yamaha....... BIG MISTAKE I just bought a 2004 yz450F and after 2 years of riding my 440ex and my dads crf 450F, my new bike is by far the FASTEST and pulls the hardest in every gear. I love it and I will never judge a bike by its color ANYMORE!:bonk: :naughty:

The other dude is right. Ride someones 06' or 07' and you will not believe what yammie has done. You might not look at your old 450 the same after that though. After 30 min on a friends 06' I bought one 2 weeks later and My friend did the same after romping on my 06' See ya! -JR

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.