Jetting Question on 2002 WR426??

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Dolphin_*

Posted January 28, 2002 - 04:48 PM

I'm experiencing a occasional pop or mild backfire when my bike is run for the first approx. 30 minutes and I close the throttle quickly. Also, a friend commented that my plug looks slightly lean but that he wouldn't worry about it. Typically, I'm running with the stock exhaust baffle removed at Ocotillo Wells. Is this something to worry about and should I make a jetting adjustment or is this pretty normal?? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Missile

Posted January 28, 2002 - 11:09 PM

Try tweaking your fuel screw out a half turn and see what happens. If you are over 2.5 turns from fully closed, then you should maybe richen the low end and go up to the next pilot jet.

• LarryCO

Posted January 29, 2002 - 05:25 AM

Post your exact jetting (if you changed it from stock at all) and the CA folks can really help you get dialed in. There may be significant improvements you can make!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.