Yz HP on WR ??????

5 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted April 05, 2007 - 10:43 AM

I have done all the free type mods, yz muffler, yz exhaust cam, gutted airbox and side cover holes cut, grey wire cut. Just wondering how my Horsepower was compared to a proper yz. anyone

• JSanfilippo

Posted April 05, 2007 - 12:52 PM

Probably identical. You've got all the right parts on it :bonk: And the compression ratio on the 05 YZ was the same as the 05-06 bike so you're covered on that.

The only thing that might make it lower HP is the airbox, the YZ airbox doesn't have the battery blocking it.

It'll still be slower because the WR is heavier...but its not for a lack of power.

• MountainMax

Posted April 05, 2007 - 01:27 PM

Kewl thanks, I have my air box really, really gutted out, cut open almost fully on the side and way more then the snorkel removed up top.... I know it's heavier just wondered about any more HP tips to get it up to yz spec.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TWILES

Posted April 05, 2007 - 02:47 PM

I thought the "motors" were the same other than flywheel and exhaust cam.

• JSanfilippo

Posted April 05, 2007 - 10:19 PM

I thought the "motors" were the same other than flywheel and exhaust cam.

The engines are the same right down to the cam profiles. However the cam timing is different. The older WRs (98-02) you could just re-time the cams and you'd have YZ timing but with the auto decomp you have to buy a new cam because you cannot reposition the decomp pin.

• Bamster

Posted April 06, 2007 - 04:36 AM

I have done all the free type mods, yz muffler, yz exhaust cam, gutted airbox and side cover holes cut, grey wire cut. Just wondering how my Horsepower was compared to a proper yz. anyone

No noise issues up in Newfie land with the YZ muffler?
Our club sound tests before orginzed rides but these rides can get kinda wet and with holes in the side cover you would'nt want to ride them anyways

I'll bet you could beat Marcus in drag race though.

What is a proper YZ?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.